Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERSECTING BEND RADIUSES

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
SRD
290 Views, 7 Replies

INTERSECTING BEND RADIUSES

I have intersecting bend radiuses on a part where they run into each other. I thought I could take care of the problem with a bend relief but it's not working. Any help would be appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: SRD

I can't tell much from the picture. Can you post the file? -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "SRD" wrote in message news:5557907.1103236545846.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have intersecting bend radiuses on a part where they run into each other. I thought I could take care of the problem with a bend relief but it's not working. Any help would be appreciated.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

You're gonna have to get rid of the rest of that bend zone before it will work. Or, either cut your self a clean zone at the bend prior to the bend. "SRD" wrote in message news:5557907.1103236545846.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have intersecting bend radiuses on a part where they run into each other. I thought I could take care of the problem with a bend relief but it's not working. Any help would be appreciated.
Message 4 of 8
SRD

Thanks for replying. So what your saying is I would have to create my own bend relief at the edge of the first bend to allow the second bend to be formed? Right.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

"I would have to create my own bend relief at the edge of the first bend to allow the second bend to be formed?"

That’s the way I see it. If you don’t need the first bend around the second, just nibble out a square relief past the bend extents of the second.

If you need the first bend, try some kind of miter relief that would allow the second bend and also close up the first bend somewhat.

If you need the first to travel around the second, you’ll have to do a square relief, bend the second, then fill the first bend back in with a sweep. Or you may have to piece that corner together with as many as 4 features. Either way, that area will not flatten properly because that corner is now “drawn”.
Message 6 of 8
SRD

Here is the file. Thanks
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

It seems like Inventor should have known to put a bend relief in the first fold, but it didn't, so your best bet is to roll the eop up to above the first fold, and add bend relief cuts yourself at the end of your flange. Is there a reason you are starting in the flat pattern and building the part? Most people I know of design the part in the folded state and then use the flat pattern tool on it. -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "SRD" wrote in message news:14084658.1103295205207.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Here is the file. Thanks
Message 8 of 8
SRD

It's a legacy part and we have the flat pattern in AutoCad with bend line data so we bring them in and fold them to get finished part dimensions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report