Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal cylindrical cam slot

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
imbik
1607 Views, 6 Replies

Internal cylindrical cam slot

I created a cylindrical cam using the feature in inventor 2013 pro. What I want to do is to create an internal grooved cam slot on it with exactly the same shape (please see attached picture). It will start from 17 mm lower the upper cam surface,  moreover will be14 mm deep and 22.5 mm thick in the slot.

I hope I could explain properly. Any help is much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: imbik

Attach the ipt file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
imbik

Here it is, and thanks for any help in advance.

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

Is there any reason you can't use the Cylindrical Cam Generator within Inventor?

Also,
I noticed that your first sketch and several others were not constrained.

It is pretty automatic to constrain a circle to the origin and I would pattern the slot feature rather than the slot sketch.

This might be if interest,  I (or someone) will demonstrate the Cam Generator if you can't figure it out.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

Cylindrical Cam.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! I try my best understanding the request. Attached is one of several possible solutions. Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 7
imbik

Dear JD Mather,  thanks a lot sparing your time for me, I am always taking advantages of your comments on any issue that shared in this message board. 

johnsonshiue; you probably have no idea what you have done or solved. It might seem just a cylindrical cam problem but in fact it is a part of very controversial project that may change the balance of world's renewable energy insight. After ruling the world and earning million dolars, I promise that I will remember you Smiley Happy Cordially

Message 7 of 7
JDMather

@imbik wrote:
 After ruling the world and earning million dolars, I promise that I will remember you.

Hey - you didn't say financial security was at risk here.  I would have posted the solution if I knew it would pay off.

JD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report