Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent crash when inserting base view into drawing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
470 Views, 6 Replies

Intermittent crash when inserting base view into drawing

Hello.

We are having an issue with Inventor Pro 2013 whereby Inventor will crash when a user attempts to place the base view into in .idw (also fails when trying .dwg).  This problem is extremely intermittent as the same user can get the error one time and NOT get the error the next time.  The crash immediately shuts down Inventor (no error box displayed) and the "Send/Report Issue to Autodesk" window pops up.

We've applied all Inventor updates (and even removed them too) and all video card driver updates (Nvidia Quatro K2000M), but the issue persists.

I remember there was an issue with a Windows update a few versions back that forced Autodesk to deploy a hotfix...but I haven't heard anything regarding this happening in 2013...???

Any experience or thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi and welcome to the group!

When posing a question about crashing and performance type issues, it's usually helpful to post as much information about your system specs as possible.  In this case, on the machine or machines where you've seen the problem.  Also things like, are you using Vault?  How large is the model you are working with?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Understood.  Thanks.

Laptop Specs:

Inventor Pro 2013

Vault Pro 2013

Dell Precision M4700

Windows 7 64-bit, SP1

Intel i7 @2.6GHz

16 gb RAM

Nvidia Quadro K2000M 

We'll keep the desktop out of the conversation for the moment, as we currently do not have access to them, nor are we certain we can reproduce the error on the desktop.

To this point, the models are simple sheet metal parts (545k, for example), with maybe a couple of bends and a few holes.  We have also encountered the problem with assembly drawings as well.

I am an end-user, so I am not quite up-to-speed with all the behind the scenes configurations, implementations, etc., or the lingo, so please bear with me.  I will gladly send screen shots, config files, etc., provided I can access them.

Kyle

Message 4 of 7
cbenner

Ok,... I have to ask.  Did you submit any of the crash reports to Autodesk?  Is your company on subscription? 

Can you post one othe parts/assemblies that you know you had the issue with?  Maybe if we play with it something will jump out.

Message 5 of 7
Yijiang.Cai

Could you change the graphics options from Performance to Compatibility in Hardware page within Application options and have a try?

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestion . . . however, we think we managed to solve this internally.  Turns out we had to migrate our XML styles files directly from Vault into Inventor instead of grabbing them from the file server.  This seems to have resolved our issue, at least for the time being.

Thanks again,

Kyle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report