Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insufficient memory to perform operation

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
12086 Views, 14 Replies

Insufficient memory to perform operation

I get this error dialog when I try to edit an iPart table via the spreadsheet. Task manager reports 1.38 GB of Physical memory available. How do I prevent this dialog from coming up? -- IV R8, sp1 Dell PWS360, 2.6ghz, P4 2 Gb ram nVidia FX1000 6.14.10.5303 Driver 1260x1024x32 bit
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure that you have sufficient swap file space, try increasing it to 1.5 times ram. Also make sure that the swap file is not fragmented. "Kirk A" wrote in message news:404cb4bd_2@newsprd01... > I get this error dialog when I try to edit an iPart table via the > spreadsheet. Task manager reports 1.38 GB of Physical memory available. > > How do I prevent this dialog from coming up? > > -- > IV R8, sp1 > Dell PWS360, 2.6ghz, P4 > 2 Gb ram > nVidia FX1000 > 6.14.10.5303 Driver > 1260x1024x32 bit > > > >
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

what is your pagefile memory (virtual memory) set to?
Settings/control panel/system/advanced/performace options

Troy Grose
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

I have set the min/max to 3 Gig. -- IV R8, sp1 Dell PWS360, 2.6ghz, P4 2 Gb ram nVidia FX1000 6.14.10.5303 Driver 1260x1024x32 bit "mount_mordor" wrote in message news:573244.1078771221353.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > what is your pagefile memory (virtual memory) set to? > Settings/control panel/system/advanced/performace options > > Troy Grose
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

The 2GB address space limit for applications is not the same as the physicial memory installed on the system. software developers often confuse the two.
Message 6 of 15
mcgyvr

Post is only 4 years old....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

10 years after the initial post, I received the same error message attempting to open a very small (6x15) spreadsheet embedded in a very small (380K) .DWG file. I have 12 GB of RAM with 9 GB free, and probably overlarge (12 GB) automatic pagefile.

Nobody responded to the original post 10 years ago, I don't expect any assistance today. Which means I won't be disappointed, so at least I have that going for me.

Message 8 of 15
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

10 years after the initial post, I received the same error message attempting to open a very small (6x15) spreadsheet embedded in a very small (380K) .DWG file. I have 12 GB of RAM with 9 GB free, and probably overlarge (12 GB) automatic pagefile.

Nobody responded to the original post 10 years ago, I don't expect any assistance today. Which means I won't be disappointed, so at least I have that going for me.

OS? 32 bit or 64? (I'm assuming 64 bit with all that RAM but just want to make sure)

Have you tried setting your page file to a more realistic number?

Have you rebooted your computer and tried the operation again?

Can you post the exact error message/screenshot?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 9 of 15
blair
in reply to: mcgyvr

If possible, can you post the offending file here, it could be a corrupt file problem as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 15
Paul-Mason
in reply to: blair

In this case I suggest page file as 4 x you physical RAM = 49152 minimum and at least 8 x your physical RAM = 98304 as a maximum and see what effect this has.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 11 of 15
blair
in reply to: Paul-Mason

Or let Windows manage the memory.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this error has nothing to do with memory sufficiency, and everything to do with programmers writing presumptuous error messages.  Which they sometimes do, hey whaddyagonnadoo.

Now that that's out of the way, along with (hopefully) all of the well-meaning memory-management-related replies:

Does anyone have or know of a solution or workaround such as...

...a way to export or convert the OLE object to something you can actually open

...a way to condense or strip content from the OLE object

...what kinds of content in the OLE object are problematic

etc.

Message 13 of 15
blair

Unfortunatly no, the problem with OLE objects is that only a portion of the data is brough in and linked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_Linking_and_Embedding

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 14 of 15
enginertan99
in reply to: blair

solving the problem :(...

first step print screen excel on autocad page to Jpg file.

Sec. step this site flowing http://www.onlineocr.net/

ı hope solve..

Message 15 of 15
Sezaiarikan

I got same error on one excel ole on a dwg, and I can open another excel ole on same dwg. I tried with autocad 2019 and 2020, same result.

so it is not about pc, windows, ram or autocad. its about broken excel file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report