Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instlation Help for Inventor 2012

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jason.schuette
359 Views, 2 Replies

Instlation Help for Inventor 2012

Has anyone else with Windows XP 32 Bit had issues with iInventor 2012?

I just installed 2012 which appears to have installed and loaded correctly.  However there are several new functionality items that are not working on my 32 bit machine.  The new "Marking Menu" does not appear when I "right-click" an item.  I cannot "middle mouse button" scroll, etc.  The buttons are for the "Marking Menu" are there, I just cannot see them.

My co-worker has a 64 bit machine and all functiionality appears to be there.

I have the following hardware:

Dell Precision T3500 (purchased in May, 2010)

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3

Intel Xeon 2.67 GHz, 3.5GB of RAM

NVidia Quadro FX 3800 (Yes, I have downloaded the latest video driver) 1084GB

WikiHelp suggested the 3GB option, which I  am already running.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: jason.schuette

I'm running 32-bit XP, and no problems such as you describe.  However, you are running a 32-bit OS with the 3GB switch and a 1 GB graphics card-- I think you're running into memory issues.  The 1 GB graphics memory is in the same address space as everything else on your system, which can only address 4 GB total, so you've got less than 3 GB of addressable RAM on your system (regardless of how much you have installed), which is shared between OS and applications (such as Inventor).  I think I'd ditch the 3GB switch and see if that helps.

That's the big problem with Inventor on a 32-bit system-- you have to select less capable graphics cards (less GRAM) in order to avoid choking out the rest of your system.

Message 3 of 3
jason.schuette
in reply to: SBix26

Sam B,

Thanks.!  This solution worked.   My system was setup to have the "3G Switch" defaulted to when my PC turned on.  I turned off the "3G Switch" and it worked.  I am now running Inventor 2012 with full functionality. 

Thanks again,

Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report