Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing inventor 2015 ultimate

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
safiredesignengineers
341 Views, 3 Replies

installing inventor 2015 ultimate

hi group 

I guess this might be a silly question but i would like to see if others have done it?

I don't have enough room on drive C to install inventor 2015 ultimate but i do have a drive 😧 that has 460gb, is it possible to just install it on drive d:?

regards Adrian

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I don't think installing Inventor in a drive other than C: would be an issue. However, Inventor and other Windows applications utilize the temp folder under user profile to store temporary files for application specific operation. It seems that your C: drive is running low, which is not good for all applications. Can I ask why you could not relocate some of the files in C: to 😧 and keep your program files in C:?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4

Yes, the installation space for 2015 Ultimate is a little big, about 60GB.

You could change it to other driver (eg. 😧 ), then the space requirement for C: will be less to only install some necessary files. see the attached image.

Thanks,

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer
Message 4 of 4

Hi Thanks for your replies I do still have 80gb on drive c: but that is why i wanted to put it on 😧 and i wasn't sure if it would workwell like this but it looks like it will so i will install it on D    8-)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report