Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing inventor 2011

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
3207 Views, 13 Replies

installing inventor 2011

after several attemps to install inventor it sstill goes wrong, next error occurs:some installation files are corrupt, quirt installion and download new file"this didn't work out for me.

in the exctracting window this is the error where it stops working everytime: "CRC failed in x64\acadm\Program Files\Autodesk\Root\Fonts\whtmtxt.shxUnexpected end of archive"

WHat can I do, please give me advise

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
JDMather
in reply to: 0778700

What is your internet connection speed (how long does it take to download)?

Did you turn off antivirus and UAC?
Where did you download?

If you are in N.America you can request free trial DVD (search Google - use your serial number to install to activate license past 30-day trial).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
twspross
in reply to: JDMather

I am having the same installtion problem. After a successful install of 3Ds, I tried to install inventor 2011 x64 and after it indicated a sucessful download of the 3 parts it failed with a CRC on the unpack. The download had to be interrupted due to a wireless network signal being broken in the middle of the download after about an hour and a half. But it seemed to pick up OK and finish the download OK later. I suspect a single error got introduced when the initial download occured most likely on part 2 of 3 of the download.

My problem is that upon an attempt to download agian the Autodesk host thinks that I already download it OK and says its complete. It is not on my Windows 7 uninstall list.

What do I need to delete so that I can try again?

Message 4 of 14
JDMather
in reply to: twspross

@twspross wrote:

My problem is that upon an attempt to download agian the Autodesk host thinks that I already download it OK and says its complete. It is not on my Windows 7 uninstall list.

What do I need to delete so that I can try again?

Downloading the software does not install the software.

In fact, you will end up having the software 3 times on your computer by the time you get it installed.
1. The 3 download files (1 exe and 2 rar files.  These are self-extracting from the exe - do not use winzip or other)
2.  The extracted install files (think of these like DVDs  - 1 & 2 can be deleted after install>
3. The installed Program Files which would have shown up in Control Panel.

Sounds like you never got to #2 either becuase of corrupt download or because you were trying to extract the files yourself.
Find the Akamai folder on your hard drive.
Try deleting the previous download.

I generally click the Manual download rather than Akamai, but if you have a poor internet connection that is prone to problems with large downloads......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
twspross
in reply to: JDMather

I am a mentor for the FIRST (usfirst.org) robotics competiton where high school teams build and compete. I was hoping to show students how to use a CAD system, and so pressed for time I was on a college campus and used their wireless connection trying to get it loaded on a laptop before a meeting. I expected to colaborate with another mentor that had Inventor intalled on a lessor laptop. The connection unexpectedly slowed down (college campus) so I had to halt the download in order to make it to the meeting. At the meeting some students used the CAD on the other laptop, some used paper, and I don't want to admit that since I had promised to make a mechanical dwg of a simple rectagular plate with 3 holes I was relagated to using PAINT !   embarrassing Smiley Sad

Anyway after the meeting I  contined the download using a cable connection at home and it picked up where it left off without indicating an error. But failed on the unpacking. As I said before, I had previously successful installed 3DS on the same laptop and have subsequently successfully installed a schematic capture and circuit board layout program on the same laptop. So I don't think there is anything wrong with the laptop.

I promise my next attempt will be at home with the reliable cable connection I have there and will provide ample time.

I just need to delete somefiles somewhere so I can download again.

Message 6 of 14
twspross

I can't seem to find an akamai  folder but there are dozens of files in the AutoCAD folder under an AutoCad inventor suite subfolder. It has about 6.5 Gbytes in it. There is also an "inventor" subfolder in the Documents folder. It contains a "Content Center Folder. "     Is that what I need to delete?

Message 7 of 14
LorenJ

I am also a mentor for a FIRST robotics team, and I had a very difficult time installing Inventor on one of the team laptops. It runs Vista, and I turned of UAC, ran the install as an administrator, etc. The anti-virus refused to shut down even when I killed the process, which is actually godd behavior for an anti-virus program. I had to go into component services, set the service to manual start and then stop it. Of course, once Inventor installed I had to back into the component services and redo the settings.

The student download takes forever. A lot of the students have slower connections and it can take them a couple of days to get the installer. I have noticed a couple of times (once at home and once at work) that the download speed from the Autodesk site dropped below 1000 bps. I don't have a blazing fast internet connection, but I am not using a 1980s vintage Hayes dial up modem either.

Also, I wish they would offer a downlioad of the Inventor Suite for students instead of the full Professional. The kids don't have a CAD class, so I and the other mentors are trying to train them as they build models for the competition. They have enough trouble learning the basics of sketching and modeling and they certainly won't be designing injection molds any time soon.

BTW, this is the first season we have required them to build CAD models. A couple of the kids designed a custom chassis, and they were amazed and excited that they could give drawings to a shop and get exactly what they wanted back. In prior years we couldn't convince them that using CAD was worth the effort, but we have had a massive change in attitude. They are now modeling everything so they can check that the assemblies from the various groups will fit together.

LorenJ

LorenJ
Message 8 of 14
gaston4kd
in reply to: LorenJ

I'm suffering the same problem while installing Inventor 2012.

Anybody knows the checksum for the 2 Spanish 32 bits files in order to validate if the download was done ok?

Regards!

Message 9 of 14
JDMather
in reply to: LorenJ

@LorenJ wrote:

The student download takes forever.

Also, I wish they would offer a downlioad of the Inventor Suite for students instead of the full Professional.

LorenJ

The 2012 download from the student community is a fraction of the size that the 2011 was.
I burn the download to DVD for my students who have slow connections so that all they have to do is retrieve their personal serial numbers and then check out the disk from me.

EESignature

Message 10 of 14
danielneuhaus
in reply to: 0778700

This is a very helpful forum. My son is a senior in high school/freshman in college - his college instructor advised him to use Inventor, and we were eager to get him started. But we have a Mac-mini 2010 using Maverick OS. Four days ago we discovered the only way we could use Inventor on this system is to load Parallel software, to convert 1/2 our Mac to a PC. Then we installed Windows 8.1 to the PC. After 10 hrs of trying to load Inventor 2014 to Windows 8.1, we found forums that said Inventor 2011 worked with Windows 8.1. It finally started to load but its only 25% after 10 hrs into the dowload process. . And we stilll dont know if we'll run into problems during the installation process. There are still other versions (2014, 2012) that we tried to install that ran into problems downloading. So deleting those from our download center will be necessary. We're consodering a change in our internet provider, we need higher speed, I suspect, if our son is going to use this orogram. Is it necessary to habe the highest speed internet with Inventor?
Message 11 of 14
blair
in reply to: danielneuhaus

Once you have downloaded the files, you really don't need to have a fast internet. You should download and install the local Help file rather than relying on the Online help which requires internet. You will need internet to "Authorize" the software just after you have installed it and are running it for the first time.

Yes, it does take a bit of work to install the first time around, but then again you are not installing a simple program but a rather large and complex software.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 14
JDMather
in reply to: danielneuhaus

@danielneuhaus wrote:
..... we found forums that said Inventor 2011 worked with Windows 8.1. It finally started to load but its only 25% after 10 hrs into the dowload process. . ...

You have compounded your problems by several levels.

Getting to run on Mac on a Windows OS that didn't run when 2011 was released?

Good luck!

In my experience if students had download times exceeding 3-4 hrs the download was always corrupt.  Find a student with a fast internet connection and burn the install files to disk (each student can still retrieve their own personal serial number from the student community).

When you do get it installed - I recommend running for about 3 weeks in trial mode to make sure all is working correctly before activating your license.

EESignature

Message 13 of 14

I am having a problem downloading  my autodesk too it  is not  working.It start downloading and stop at 1.28gb and it says it downloading but it taking forever.Am I doing something wrong 

Message 14 of 14
blair
in reply to: hewan5050PL8NU

Autodesk provides a couple of methods to download and install Inventor, are you using the Browser or Download manager method?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/software-downloads/download-metho...

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report