Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Inventor 11 in Windows 7

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
AIP11_2006
11265 Views, 6 Replies

Installing Inventor 11 in Windows 7

I purchased my Inventor 11 license in 2006 and have recently upgraded to Windows 7. During the pre-installation check it gives me the error "Unsupported operating system".  I have spent searching on the web and the Autodesk website, but got mixed answers about the compatibility of Inventor 11 with Windows 7. Some have said that it can be made to work (not sure if there meant Inventor 2011) .

If there is any way to install Inventor 11 (purchased in 2006) in WIndows 7, please let me know.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: AIP11_2006

It's not supported by Autodesk.  You might try 32 bt compatibility mode in Win7

Make sure you install using these tips:

http://teknigroup.com/support/InstallAdsksoftware.html

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 7
AIP11_2006
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

Thanks Dennis!

Message 4 of 7
jstrowe
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

Hmm, if Inventor is not supported in Windows 7, what is this table referring to? 

Oh and I just tried everything in the table cited in the post and nothing works.  Even going to a local admin account (enabling it) and I still get the unsupported operating system for Inventor 11 and this is on Win 7 64 bit pro.

So I'm going to tell my end user unless someone has a solution that we can't support Autodesk Inventor 11 on Windows 7 since I just can't get it to install period.

This is very very ambiguous in the posts I've seen in terms of "it works" or it doesn't.  The below says it does unless I'm really misreading it, various posts all have the same issue where the pre-installation check fails.

nventor version

OS name

OS service pack

32 bit

64 bit

R2011

Windows XP

Sp3

Sp2

Windows Vista (all flavors)

Sp2

Sp2

Windows 7 (all flavors except Windows 7 Starter and Windows 7 Home Basic)

Yes

Yes

nventor version

OS name

OS service pack

32 bit

64 bit

R2011

Windows XP

Sp3

Sp2

Windows Vista (all flavors)

Sp2

Sp2

Windows 7 (all flavors except Windows 7 Starter and Windows 7 Home Basic)

Yes

Yes
Message 5 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: jstrowe

thats 2011 not Inventor 11

Inventor 11 is different from 2011

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
swalton
in reply to: jstrowe

IV 11, purchased in 2006 and IV 2011, released in March-April of 2010, are very different in terms of hardware and OS requirements.

Your user needs to go back to XP, or buy IV 2011 (last years release) or buy IV 2012 (current release).  If your user had stayed on subscription, he could have migrated to the new versions (or stayed at the one he liked) as he liked. 

My guess is that IV 11 is old enough that there is no longer upgrade pricing available.  Talk to the reseller to get an accurate quote.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 7 of 7
Tshulthise
in reply to: AIP11_2006

I have Inventor 11 (not Inventor 2011) on my Windows 7 laptop.  A friend of mine figured out how to do it and it works fine.  All I know is he had to use "emulate XP mode" or something like that.  I'll post a link if he remembers where he found out how to do it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report