Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing 8 :(

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
88 Views, 3 Replies

installing 8 :(

We have uninstalled 8 because it is totally crashing windows and well as some other bugs. We have a vendor w/ 14 seats and they were having the same problem. Autodesk visited them so they would not loose the customer because there crashes are such a problem. Autodesk upgraded them to 8 totally as a fix. Each machine is crashing on average of 8 times a day. I am not re installing 8 until autodesk admits they have a problem w/ this release existing w/ windows and they release a fix. I've never seen such an unstable release since autocad 12 for windows.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Scotty, Sound like there is something else going on. There are 100s of us running R8 without ay major problems. I would contact my VAR and speak to them about the troubles you are having. Could be any number of things. -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "scotty3d" wrote in message news:3ffdbe95$1_2@statler... > We have uninstalled 8 because it is totally crashing windows and well as > some other bugs. We have a vendor w/ 14 seats and they were having the same > problem. Autodesk visited them so they would not loose the customer because > there crashes are such a problem. Autodesk upgraded them to 8 totally as a > fix. Each machine is crashing on average of 8 times a day. I am not re > installing 8 until autodesk admits they have a problem w/ this release > existing w/ windows and they release a fix. > I've never seen such an unstable release since autocad 12 for windows. > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Oh, man. I believe you, that you are having problems, but I personally have never had a more stable IV. Even 5.3 would throw up in an IDW at times.... with R8 it just keeps running. Are you guys using some add-ins or perhaps a PDM/Vaulting software? Disabling the Add-ins is usually the first place to start. I have a hard time believing an Adesk team couldn't make it work. QBZ "scotty3d" wrote in message news:3ffdbe95$1_2@statler... > We have uninstalled 8 because it is totally crashing windows and well as > some other bugs. We have a vendor w/ 14 seats and they were having the same > problem. Autodesk visited them so they would not loose the customer because > there crashes are such a problem. Autodesk upgraded them to 8 totally as a > fix. Each machine is crashing on average of 8 times a day. I am not re > installing 8 until autodesk admits they have a problem w/ this release > existing w/ windows and they release a fix. > I've never seen such an unstable release since autocad 12 for windows. > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

This individual has already posted essentially the same post - which I replied to asking for specifics (which I did not receive). Although I have been getting specifics from a number of others, amazingly nothing from this individual. While I don't doubt that there are installations with problems any body can post to this newsgroup. Those who want help generally get help. -- Autodesk, Inc attn: Gary Smith 7995 SW Mohawk Tualatin, OR 97062 gary.r.smith@autodesk.com 503-692-8339

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report