Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation is failed when trying to install with .ini file

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sumanthdreddy
1094 Views, 5 Replies

Installation is failed when trying to install with .ini file

Hi Team,

I have tried installing the Autoedsk inventor application using the below command line.

"Path of the setup.exe" /w /q /l "Path of the .ini file".

If i try to install the application with the same command line in the clean machine (vmware test machine) it is installing fine.

But when i try to install in my local machine it is failing mean to say not installing all the products installing only the Autodesk Revit interoperability and desktop center libraries.

I have to deploy it for the 40 users using the deployment tool. 

When i use the commands in the sccm and sms.txt it is installing but the license is not getting applied to the inventor .

I have VC++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and Dot net framework 4.5 in my local machine. Can some one tell me whether do i need to do some changes to the ini file or Please share me the ini file which works properly if the applications VC++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and Dot net framework 4.5 there in the machine.

Could someone please help me out how to solve this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

If i try to install my application manually  in my local machine which has VC++ 2008 and VC++2010 and VC++2012 with DotNet framework it is not installing . Attached is the screenshot of the installation. We can see a red mark in the Autodesk inventor in the attachment

Message 3 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: sumanthdreddy

@sumanthdreddy wrote:

. We can see a red mark in the Autodesk inventor in the attachment

what does it say when you hover your mouse cursor over it?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: DarrenP

Sumanth,

If you look in your setup.ini file you will find a section called VCREDIST Begin which shows you which C++ redistributables are involved. Each sub-component of Inventor has various pre-requisistes which define which versions of the C++ libraries are needed.

You don't state which veriosn of Inventor you are trying to deploy or what the operating system is so it's difficult to know which one to uninstall/ There is an install log file in your %temp% folder which should have some additional error codes, relating to what is causing the install to fail.

Are you creating a deployment through our wizard or trying to piece this together yourself ? If you use the wizard it will enable you to specific license server info etc as part of the inital deployment creation.

Note that there is also a dedicated forum just for this type of dicussion - http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/bd-p/24

Hope this helps,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6

Thanks Chris for the Quick response.

I am installing inventor 2014 application and i am trying to install it on the Windows 7 SP1 operating system.

I have tried to do some changes in the .INI file but it doesn't help. 

I cant able to create a deployment file through your wizard because like for other products i am not able to see the "create a deployment file" option for Inventor 2014.

If you can help me how to create an admin image for inventor 2014 which can install in any of the machine with the operating system windows 7 SP1.

I am attaching an .INI file which i am using for the silent installation. So please help me out with what changes to be done in the file.

For silent installation i am using the below command line.

"Path of the setup.exe" /w /q "Path of the .INI file"

But when i try to install i can't able to see any log file in the %temp% folder. Please let me whether i have missed any arguments or command lines.

Attachement file is an .INI file extension but just for attaching here i have changed to .txt extension because this blog is not supporting the .INI Extension files.

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Message 6 of 6

Hi Sumanth,

The Create Deployment Option is on the first dialog you see after running the setup.exe file:

Capture.JPG

This image for a standalone Inventor install but you should see the same for a Suite install too. Do you not see that option ? What are you installing with & from where ?

For 2014, the Inventor pre-requisites include VCREDIST2005SP1ATLX64;VCREDIST2005SP1ATLX86;VCREDIST2008SP1X64_6161;VCREDIST2008SP1X86_6161;VCREDIST2010SP1X64;VCREDIST2010SP1X86.

Since you already have the 2010 C++ redisitributable installed I suspect that is what is causing your conflict.

As a test I would suggest just running the installer interactively (not from command line) & when it fails you will have a log file in your %temp% folder. Look for the error there & it will tell you which component is causing the error. I would suggest uninstalling whatever is causing the conflict as opposed to hacking the setup.ini file. The Inventor installer will reinstall it anyway.

Once you have identified the conflict then you should be able to run the setup.exe accordingly. There is some related info in the Installation CAD Mgr's guide - http://help.autodesk.com/view/INSTALL_LICENSE/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-B3CA11B1-AE19-426D-8348-F59952C0DA...

Hope this helps,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report