Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install problem C++?

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
crahmann
2186 Views, 20 Replies

Install problem C++?

I need help installing my autodesk inventor, I'm having this problem when trying to install AutoDesk Design Review i get a screen that says "Installtion Complete. Some products have failed to install." However the product that has failed to install is Microsoft Visusual C++ 2010, even though I have a newer installation. Please help.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
mcgyvr
in reply to: crahmann

does the program work?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 21
crahmann
in reply to: mcgyvr

NOOO.  Literally everything failed to install.  The last line of code reads

"

2012/1/17:12:45:12 Cody CODY-HP Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603"

Then I just get a screen that shows all 6 things failed to install and all I can do is hit "Finish" and it will take me out of Autodesk for good.  Then I have to restart from scratch which is pointless.  Please instruct me

Message 4 of 21
ampster402

have you tried uninstalling what ever version of C++ you have, then try the Inventor install again?

Message 5 of 21
crahmann
in reply to: ampster402

I just bought this computer less than a month ago and would be unaware of having C++ installed.  Are you familiar at all with the error I'm having?  If not could you please get me in contact with someone who has seen this problem before and might have more knowledge of it

Message 6 of 21
ampster402

you mentioned having a newer version in your first post, so I asked if you tried uninstalling that...

Both C++ and MS .NET Framework are known to cause problems with cad software.  I do not have any links handy so you'll need to search on this...

But look for instructions that detail how to remove C++ and reinstall it.

My other pc which has an abbreviated form of these instructions within my email is currently busy importing a large file into Inventor, once it's done I'll see what I can dig up.

Message 7 of 21
crahmann

I own a 64-bit computer.  I looked and I had Microsoft C++ x64 already installed, and when trying to install inventor it appeared it was trying to install x86.  I did as u instructed and removed x64 and then tried to install inventor, but got the same issue......any idea which of the two is best to have when installing the 64-bit inventor?

Message 8 of 21
ampster402

are you sure you are installing the 64bit version of Inventor?

Message 9 of 21
ampster402

I'm afraid the instructions in my email were pretty basic, uninstall C++ then reinstall it using a file named "vcredist_x86.exe" which is for a 32bit system.  I suspect you'll find a 64bit version of that file on Microsoft's website, search for "vcredist_x64.exe"

But, double check you are in fact installing the 64bit version of Inventor - sort of sounds like you might be trying to install the 32bit version.

Message 10 of 21
crahmann

Ok, so I decided to get everything off my computer as of the time I started installing Inventor.

I have no attached a screenshot (hopefully) of all the C++ that's installed on my computer.  Could you please indicate which of these I need to keep and if I should get rid of some of the others?

The latest version I have seems to be a 64-bit 2010 version.

Thank you for the help, sorry I was crabby earlier.

Message 11 of 21
ampster402

no need to apoligize, I can understand the frustration!

The instructions I have pertained to WinXP/32bit systems and were over a yr old.  Thus the instructions/screenshots within that memo only showed the x86 (32bit) stuff.

I'm sorry I don't know this, hopefully somebody else knows...does the Inventor 64 bit version install the 32bit version of C++?

What I am guessing at here is, the C++ component/s, probably the x86 or 32bit stuff, is corrupted and needs to be fixed or repaired first.

That, or is it possible you were tyring to install the 32bit version of Inventor by mistake?

Message 12 of 21
crahmann

I was pretty confident that I was installing the 64-bit inventor, but I could be wrong.  I'm scared to try and install it again incase I get the same error.  

I already have the 32-bit C++, and it looks like the 64-bit one as well.  Should I delete any of those?

Message 13 of 21
crahmann

I just tried to install the 64-bit Inventor Prof. and it got an error while trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 (x86), which seems odd that it would try to install that in the first place.  Advice PLEASE

Message 14 of 21
ampster402

I'm guessing here, so you may want to wait until someone else provides a fix or solution to this problem, but if it were me, I'd try uninstalling the specific version of C++ that the Inventor install is erroring out on, then try installing Inventor again.

You may be presented with a completely different error after that and you may have to repeat the process for that error.

Hope this makes sense, and again, you may want to wait until someone else provides a better way to try to fix this.

Message 15 of 21
crahmann

Will do, I'll just re-install it all

Message 16 of 21
ampster402
Message 17 of 21
TravisNave

Right.  The easiest work-around is simply to uninstall all of your Visual C++ on your computer and let Inventor install with the version it wants.  Then you can simply get all the updated versions again from Windows Update.  Alternately, a more advanced version would be to modify your setup.ini file and remove the checks for the prerequisites. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 18 of 21
crahmann

I tried to remove it but the installer yelled at me and wouldn't even try and install because an article of the install was missing, though I may have just done it wrong.  How exactly would I edit the setup so that it wouldn't be mad about me editing it?

Message 19 of 21
ampster402

no mention of this so far, are you sure you have admin priv's on the pc you are trying to install Inventor?

Message 20 of 21
luizsalomon

Who could imagine that you just need to create a C:\temp folder????

This guy did: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/09/error-1603-microsoft-visual-c-2005-sp1-redistribu...

Worked for me, even though I am using the 64bit version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report