Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Inventor on Windows 7 Home Basic

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Bardella_
5543 Views, 12 Replies

Install Inventor on Windows 7 Home Basic

Recently bought a version of Inventor 2010 SUITE, and tried to use a OS Windows 7 Home Basic, I could not run. Is there any way to run it on this system.

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
blair
in reply to: Bardella_

Here are the requirements:

For Windows Users

For General Part and Assembly Design (Typically Fewer than 1,000 Parts)

• Microsoft® Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate/Enterprise, or Microsoft® Windows Vista® (SP2) (32-bit or 64-bit) Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, or Ultimate, or Microsoft® Windows XP Professional (SP3) or Professional x64 Edition (SP2) (1,2)
  • Intel® Pentium® 4, 2 GHz or faster, Intel® Xeon®, Intel® Core™, AMD Athlon™ 64, or AMD Opteron™, or later (3)
  • 2 GB RAM or more (4)
  • Microsoft® Direct3D 10® or Direct3D 9® capable graphics card (5)
  • DVD-ROM drive (6)
  • Microsoft® Mouse-compliant pointing device
  • 1280 x 1024 or higher screen resolution
  • Internet connection for web downloads and Subscription Aware access
  • Adobe Flash Player 10 (7)
  • Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 6.x through 8
  • Microsoft® Excel 2003 through 2007 for iComponents, thread customization, and spreadsheet-driven designs

For Complex Models, Complex Mold Assemblies, and Large Assemblies (Typically More than 1,000 Parts)

• Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit (SP2), or Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (SP2)
  • AMD64 or Intel® 64 processor
  • 6 GB RAM or more
  • CAD workstation-class graphics card

You can always upgrade your home system:

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 13
BMiller63

install.png

Message 4 of 13
blair

If they can't read the system requirements for the software they are purchasing, do you really think they would read the first post on this forum.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 13
Bardella_
in reply to: blair

Dear Blair,

Tanks a Lot,

But I have a new question: I receive a new OS, the Windows 7 Home premium 64 bits. I try install begin, and appear a new message: "you cannot install this product on the current operating system"

OBS.: I have a 64 bits system, but I'm trying to install an Autodesk Inventor 2010 32bits.

Best regards,

Bardella

Message 6 of 13
blair

They are specific programs, one for 32 bit O/S and one for 64 bit O/S. You should have received both versions in your DVD pack, or you will need to download the 64 bit version from Autodesk.

Same serial numbers for either version.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 13
Bardella_

ok thanks.

Message 8 of 13
JDMather

@Blair wrote:

If they can't read the system requirements ......

Get ready for a flood of student questions trying to install 32-bit on 64-bit OS in the coming year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
ratna.pathak

I have installed Autodesk Inventor 2013 on my laptop. But when I try to open a new file, it takes me to My Documents. It does not show the list of templates seen on the initial screen.

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 13
blair
in reply to: ratna.pathak

You will need to configure/create a proper "Projects" file. A good read is available from the Autodesk Wiki Help for Inventor: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/1310-Autodesk1310/1892-Collabor1892/1918-Design_...

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 13
ratna.pathak

But my problem is I am not able to create any file at all. When I try to open a 'New' file, I am not getting any file.

Message 12 of 13
ratna.pathak

When I give command for opening a new file, I get a window titled 'Insert'. Not the usual window that asks us to choose the type of file we want to create.

Message 13 of 13
JDMather

Post screen shot.

Are you running Autodesk Inventor or are you running Inventor Fusion?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report