Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting one drawing into another-or linking contents of one drawing to another

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Jazst
312 Views, 4 Replies

Inserting one drawing into another-or linking contents of one drawing to another

Hello.

I would like to know if there is a way to insert drawing no.1 into drawing no.2 (not copy sheets!) so that if I change the drawing no.1, the drawing no.2 (the one that contains no.1) also updates.

That is because I would like to have one part of the drawing that is ''standard'' and multiple drawings that contain this part (so that this part is defined in all drawings but is always the same). Because I don't want to have a separate drawing for the ''standard'' part, but only drawings that contain it.

Or if there is some kind of alternative it would also be great.

Thanks and best regards.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: Jazst

Hi!

Just Copy/Paste the views you need.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Jazst
in reply to: CCarreiras

@carloscarreiras8703 wrote:

Hi!

Just Copy/Paste the views you need.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Hi,

That's just what I wouldn't like to do because this way the annotations in these views wouldn't upate on all drawings at once, but I would have to correct them manually on each drawing.

Message 4 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: Jazst

Hi!

Yes you have.Smiley Sad

The link betwwen the drawings are concern to the solid, not the anotations.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Jazst
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi,

is there a way to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report