Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting IFeature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kmodrall
126 Views, 2 Replies

Inserting IFeature

I want to set up an iFeature with an anchor point, is this possible? What I have is a blank bracket and would like to set up different iFeature’s for different hole-patterns to insert on the bracket. I would like to drop the iFeature on the center point of the bracket and anchor down the hole-pattern so that if I change the size of the Bracket it moves to the “new” center.

Any Ideas??
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: kmodrall

Extract the iFeature with a center point. Then convert the part to sheet metal part. Next insert the iFeature as a punch tool and convert the sheet metal part back to regular part.
Thanks!

Johnson Shiue
johnson.shiue@autodesk.com

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
pkquat
in reply to: kmodrall

For IV 2010 I really hope to see the ability do this without needing to convert it to a sheet metal part (and they could be used on assemblies and weldments). This has been a request for at least 5 releases and I KNOW internal builds can do this.

If the delay is because ADSK is working on "smart iFeatures" meaning we can get the iFeature information such iFeature cound and feature name or dimesions etc (similar to the hole note command) and the ability to populate a Feature Table (I won't call it a Punch Table), then I hope to see these "smart iFeatures" in IV2010 or at least don't give us the ability to place it without having to convert to the sheet metal environment as an intermediate step.

Thank you 🙂

Pete

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report