Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserted image on customized Borders makes some drawing entities/lines missing.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
WillieArolf
621 Views, 16 Replies

Inserted image on customized Borders makes some drawing entities/lines missing.

Hi Guys,

I have another encountered unexpected error or what ever you will call it. This time around, while I am customizing the Borders on the .idw.

Steps to re-create the issue.

1. Look for any bitmap image size A4 then, reduce the opacity using photoshop or any iamging editing software. I did use the company LOGO and reduce the opacity to 20%. Then, save the image to bitmap (bmp)

2. Launch Autodesk Inventor 2012 Product Design Suite

3. Create New Drawing ".idw". (Default" Standard.idw)

4. Expand the Drawing Resources tree, expand the Borders then, RMB (Right Mouse Button) on the Default Borders option.

5. Insert the image that you have just saved. So, basically the image will occupy the whole area of the drawing. Because, the size of the image was A4.

- The image will serve as Background image to the comapany drawing templates. That is why the opacity has been reduced.

6. Finish the sketch

7. Now, place any drawing. After placing the drawing click on the Inventor icon select Saveas > Save copy As and save it as PDF file.

Result: The drawing dis-appear. The LOGO/Image is visible.

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Windows 7, 64-bit
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
salariua
in reply to: WillieArolf

As far as I see the images get flatten out and we loose transparency, further more the image is on Visible Narrow layer and that's shown after (on top) of Visible (being our geometry). 

11.jpg

I am no expert but maybe iLogic can force the layer export order. Layers are accessible via DrawingDocument.StalesManager.Layers collection

EDIT:

Export to PNG or JPG seems to work but it exports things outside of border as well. You might then use a photo editor to batch Autocrop them.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 17
WillieArolf
in reply to: salariua

Well, on my case the LOGO/Image were visible and the opacity is OK. It is just some of the drawings dis-appears. Dimensions are visibles also.

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Windows 7, 64-bit
Message 4 of 17
WillieArolf

Hi Guys,

I have attach the image on what was the error is about.

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Windows 7, 64-bit
Message 5 of 17
salariua

Your logo seems simple enough, why don't you draw it inside your border and use fill for your color?

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 6 of 17
WillieArolf

Hi Adrian,

Drawing the LOGO inside the Borders does not seem to be Right. I only give this as an example but, never the less there is an issue.

And also if I draw it inside the Borders CAN I reduce the opacity or transparency of the filled color???

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Windows 7, 64-bit
Message 7 of 17
salariua

You are right, the sketched logo inside border is not working as well. 

On the left is the drawing, right is the pdf.

1.jpg

stuck again!

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 8 of 17
salariua

Nothing works,

I've tryied custom symbol, sketch on the sheet, insert OLE object.... as soon as you export (or print) it goes on top of visible geometry.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 9 of 17
WillieArolf

I am just wondering if Autodesk Invemtor Team is even interested on this issue, as NON of them even bother to give there thoughts about it.

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Windows 7, 64-bit
Message 10 of 17

Thanks for letting us know. Willie, can I have the service pack level on your Inventor 2012 for us to reproduce the issue in our labs.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 11 of 17
salariua

I have searched online and nothing came up (only done a light search)

Can you use a tempate for your pdf creator ? Anybody knows of such a thing? that way you can have the logo on a blank page to be used as template.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 12 of 17

Hi Willie & Salariua,

Thanks for reporting this issue to Autodesk and providing some detailed information.

I can confirm that there is an issue with the image being on top of the drawing view and hiding the views once a PDF is generated. Is it possible for you to not use the default Inventor PDF engine and use Cutepdf OR other pdf creators to generate the output. I can reproduce this in Inventor 2015 as well.

However when I save to other file formats, they are okay. Looks like some issue with the pdf engine, I will be logging this with our development team for further review.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 13 of 17

I used Inventor engine and PDF Creator, same results, in fact you don't even need to print it just go to print preview and it's wrong already.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 14 of 17

I see that you are using insert object to place the image file to the drawing. By default this method will give you image on top your drawing view. Can you able to try using the insert image under define title block and see whether it gives you the image on the background.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 15 of 17

We have tryied it, just did again, and as soon as you hit print preview it goes on top. by the way, once in sketch (edit title block) you don't have insert Object ony image.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 16 of 17

thanks Salariua. I have logged this with our product development team. I will get back to you once I have an update from them.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 17 of 17

Hi All,

The issue has been confirmed by our developers and they are working to fix this issue in Inventor. I will keep you posted on the progress through this thread.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report