Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Part using Ilogic

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chrisrodway
4302 Views, 2 Replies

Insert Part using Ilogic

I would like to use Ilogic to insert a part into an assembly I have found the basic rule but what changes do i need to make to get it to put the selected part into an assembly.

DimoFileDlgAsinventor.FileDialog=NothingInventorVb.Application.CreateFileDialog(oFileDlg)'oFileDlg.Filter = "Inventor Files (*.iam;*.ipt)|*.iam;*.ipt|All Files (*.*)|*.*"

'oFileDlg.Filter = "XML Files (*.xml)|*.xml"

'oFileDlg.Filter = "Excel Files (*.xls;*.xlsx)|*.xls;*.xlsx"

'oFileDlg.Filter = "Text Files (*.txt;*.csv)|*.txt;*.csv"

'oFileDlg.Filter = "SAT Files (*.sat)|*.sat"

'oFileDlg.Filter = "IGES Files (*.igs)|*.igs"oFileDlg.Filter="Step Files (*.stp)|*.stp"'oFileDlg.DialogTitle = "Select a File"oFileDlg.InitialDirectory=ThisDoc.PathoFileDlg.CancelError=TrueOnErrorResumeNextoFileDlg.ShowOpen()IfErr.Number<>0ThenMessageBox.Show("File not chosen.", "Dialog Cancellation")ElseIfoFileDlg.FileName<>""Thenselectedfile=oFileDlg.FileNameMessageBox.Show("File "&selectedfile&" was selected.", "Dialog Selection Made")EndIf

Any ideas would be appreciated

Cheers

Chris Rodway

Cheers

Chris Rodway
Design Engineer
Sheffield, UK
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi chrisrodway,

There is an example zip file showing the use of iLogic to place and replace components in an assembly at this link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/ilogic-part-insertion/m-p/3667380#M451815

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 3

Thanks for the reply,

The link is helpful and is helping me to understand ilogic more.

But for my situation it would be better if you could select a file in the file selection dialogue (in this case a surface in iges format) and be placed in the part file. This surface is then used to reference features to build the part, which I am aiming to do in Ilogic as well.

Is this possible

Thanks

Chris Rodway

Cheers

Chris Rodway
Design Engineer
Sheffield, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums