Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
DRoam
Message 1 of 6 (592 Views)

Insert number of occurrences in parent assembly in part's .idw sheet

592 Views, 5 Replies
02-01-2013 01:06 PM

I have an Inventor drawing which contains multiple sheets. One of the sheets is a drawing of the master assembly. Another sheet is a drawing of a part that is in the master assembly. This part shows up multiple times. I'd like to have a text box or something in the part's drawing that I can put: "Quantity: [Quantity]" where [Quantity] is the number of occurances of the part in the master assembly. I've been searching for a while and can't find a way to do this. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
harco
Message 2 of 6 (579 Views)

Re: Insert number of occurrences in parent assembly in part's .idw sheet

02-01-2013 11:27 PM in reply to: DRoam

Either, make a design view rep of the single part.

Then place a part list of the master assembly on the single part sheet and filter by view rep.

Or just hide all other parts/assemblies in the parts list.

You will have a one line parts list showing the quantity of the single part in the master assembly.

It will also update if the quantity changes.

gjohnston
Message 3 of 6 (562 Views)

02-02-2013 08:27 AM in reply to: harco

Just a thought; How about going to ( manage-styles editor)  and change the balloon to show the item and quanity.

*Expert Elite*
harco
Message 4 of 6 (552 Views)

02-02-2013 11:20 AM in reply to: gjohnston

gjohnston wrote

"Just a thought; How about going to ( manage-styles editor)  and change the balloon to show the item and quantity."

Excellent idea, so simple, I never thought of that.

Just to add, I would make a new balloon style so as not to disrupt the other sheets.

Distinguished Contributor
DRoam
Message 5 of 6 (515 Views)

02-05-2013 02:21 PM in reply to: DRoam

Thanks to both of you for the ideas! The balloon idea does sound great but for some reason I can't get it to work, it keeps saying the quantity is 1 :/ that might be because the component I picked is within a sub-assembly of the master assemly I'm trying to count it in. Any ideas?

Also, I'm having a problem with the parts list idea too. Before, I was able to insert a "parts only" list so Inventor would count every occurance of a part within the assembly, but now that option is grayed out and it will only let me insert a structured list. Know why that might be? Thanks for your help!

hshorst
Message 6 of 6 (241 Views)

01-26-2014 06:07 PM in reply to: DRoam

Hello,

Any luck in finding a solution to this issue.  I'm running into the same situation.

Thanks,

Steve

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.