Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert image into idw

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
eveylynne
16248 Views, 6 Replies

Insert image into idw

I want to add our company logos to a few drawings.  I added a small thumbnail to the title block a while ago.  In the sketch tab, Insert, Image, I can drop in bmp's.  However, when I'm trying to ad it directly to the sheet nest to a text box or part view, I don't know how to.  If I create a new sketch, the Image icon in the sketch tab is grayed out.  

How do I insert an image in my idw?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi eveylynne,

You can create a Sketched Symbol, and place the image in the symbol, and then place it as needed onto the drawing sheet.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_LT/enu/2013/Help/0305-Autodesk305/0595-Drawings595/0616-Drawin...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 7

Thank you!

It's a bit cumbersome, but it does the job!

Message 4 of 7
SSHotMixParts
in reply to: eveylynne

I couldn't get the link in the above response to open so I played around with different functions until I found one that worked well for what I needed it for....Figured I'd share it. For the Record I am using Inventor 2013 Under the "Manage" tab, Click "Insert Object" Make sure the "Create New" button is selected. I chose "Microsoft Office Word Document" but there are plenty others in the list to chose from. Once you click OK it should open the selected program in a new window, in my case Microsoft Word. I then Pasted the image in word, manipulated it till I was pleased, saved, and closed. You can choose to place the object on your drawing before or after you close the new window, and manipulate the size as necessary. Hope this helps anyone else with the similar issue. Thanks!
Message 5 of 7
yannick3
in reply to: SSHotMixParts

Hi

To insert image on drawing, you need, insert from file, and if you want , you can link the image with the drawing in other words if the image will be modified it will be affected to the drawing. For me, i prefer to don't link the inserted file

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 6 of 7
jisaugustin
in reply to: SSHotMixParts

simple and effective..................

Message 7 of 7
steve
in reply to: jisaugustin

GO TO 

Manage 

Insert Object

create from file 

Copy and paste the file location example ;C:\Users\CADAPP\Pictures

BROWSE

pic jpeg OPEN 

Enjoy 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report