Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert IDW into Excell Spreadsheet

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KevinM.
345 Views, 1 Reply

Insert IDW into Excell Spreadsheet

Trying to figure out the best method to insert an IDW into an Excell spreadsheet without sacrificing quality.

I have tried several methods to go straight from Inventor(2012) to Ecxell(2010) using print PDF at press quality, export JPEG, and even the snipping tool as a last ditch effort all of which inevitably loose all line quality when inserted to Excell.

I have only had success bringing a PDF from Inventor into Adobe InDesign where I am able to mimic the design of my Excell spreadsheet and create an additional PDF to include with the Excell document. 

It seems like there would be an easier way for Inventor and Excell to work together without sacrificing quality or adding additional steps. If anyone has any suggestions they would be much appreciated.

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mcgyvr
in reply to: KevinM.

Not sure what you are trying to do but I would simply print the drawing to PDF then simply hyperlink to the PDF in my excel document not insert it.

Or just save copy as from Inventor and save as a .png..

jpg is not the format to use when quality is a concern.. Its lossy/compressed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report