Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert and connection points for sketched symbols assistance

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ampster401
203 Views, 0 Replies

insert and connection points for sketched symbols assistance

Inv 2013 with SP2/update 3 on Win7/64

I have a sketched symbol with an insertion point at one corner.  I have a titleblock with a connection point at one corner.  I can insert and attach the sketched symbol so it appears to snap to the connection point on the titleblock (however the connection point on the titleblock does not highlight like I seem to remember they used to, the insertion point on the sketched symbol does not highlight either during this time but it does if I manually drag the symbol around).  I can insert the symbol using either the double-click or right-click > insert method and both ways seem to allow me to insert and snap to the connection point on the titleblock.

However when I change the size of the sheet, thus causing the titleblock to move, the sketched symbol does not relocate after I am done changing the sheet size.

The sketched symbol has to be manually relocated back to the correct location, next to the titleblock.

Am I missing something here? (pebkac more than likely!)  I thought by using insertion and connection points for attaching sketched symbols - that process would maintain the connection, but it's not working.

I have also tried with no luck;

1. placed a connection point in the sketched symbol and an insertion point in the titleblock

2. placed a connection point in both the sketched symbol and titleblock.

3. placed a insertion point in both the sketched symbol and titleblock.

I thought I had solved this issue yrs ago but perhaps it was one of those "there's nothing you can do about it and just have to live with it" ideas/bugs...you know, one of those things people just like to complain about over and over.

Please note, I am currently using a few different versions of Inv on various pc's so you may see posts from myself that do not indicate the same version in each situation.  For this one it is 2013.

TIA

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report