Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info in title blocks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
terry.lee
231 Views, 6 Replies

Info in title blocks

Hi.

I have a set of title blocks that were created in 2003.  I am now working in Inventor 2013.  All I need to do is replace information in one small box of the title blocks.  This contains 2 Jpeg images and 3 pieces of text.

I right click the title block name in the browser and choose "edit definition" to go into sketch mode and edit the information in there.  I have completed the first one.  Now I need to copy images and text together from within this first to use in other title blocks.  Could someone please advise how to do this?

When I try selecting the text and images and then select COPY (and ticking to clipboard) the images are deselected.  I have tried every obvious way of doing this but no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Terry

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: terry.lee

Terry,

What I have done in the past and it has worked is have both the old and the updated format up in session.

Go to the updated one and in the browser under "Drawing Resources" RC and select "Copy".

Then go to the older one and again in the browser under "Drawing Resources" RC and select paste.

When it prompts you to replace the existing select yes.

Hope this works for you.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
terry.lee

Hi.

Thanks for that.  Not sure if I explained the problem clearly though.

I have several borders and several title blocks.  The title blocks vary from drawing to drawing as they are for various industries and contain varying information.  However the box that contains the company Logo and copyright information has only two variations.  What I need to copy is just the contents of this box from one title block to another.  When I am in edit mode in a title block, whichever way I try to copy the info the options are not available.

I have also tried bringing in an AutoCAD block with the info.  That does not work as the jpeg images do not come through.

Do you have any ideas how I can pick up certain elements when in sketch mode (editing a title block) and copy them to a different title block?

Many thanks,

Terry 

Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto

Terry,

Sorry if I misunderstood.

I would do the same in having a few of them open in the same session and do a ctrl-C (copy) then ctrl-V (paste)

all within the edit definition of the title block.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 7
terry.lee

Hi.

I did try this but it works only partially.  I can copy the text from one title block to the clipboard, close the title block and then open another and paste, but as soon as I select the jpegs the copy to clipboard option is greyed out.  What I need to do is select both text and Jpegs so that they maintain exatly the same position.

Many thanks,

Terry

Message 6 of 7
Cadmanto

Yeah, I get that.

Short of creating a macro routine to do this, you might be stuck doing this manually.

Sorry that I don't have any more suggestions.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 7
terry.lee
in reply to: Cadmanto

No problem.  Many thanks for your help.

I am creating an outline for each image (that will copy and paste with text) in the first title block and then having to place the images over the outline and resize in each one.  A bit long winded and tedious (and not exact) but looks like the only option (unless anyone else knows a way to copy/paste images from one title block to another?). 

Again, many thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report