Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual modification of instance of Ipart

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
244 Views, 3 Replies

Individual modification of instance of Ipart

I created an I-factory for an aluminium profile to produce different length profiles quickly. All very well.

These profiles are used all over an assembly, some needing additional machining. Those machined features differ completely from instance to instance, could be cuts, holes, slots, tapped holes … therefore it wouldn’t be very sensible to have them as entries to the I-factory rather adding them to only the one instance they are used for.

Is that possible or are Iparts for such an application nor really the way to go?

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
swalton
in reply to: Anonymous

I use the content center for structural tubes in a similar fashion. I place each tube "As Custom" and add the features that I need.

I haven't made an ipart that lets me change the length of the member at placement time, but I think you could use the same workflow.

If nothing else, you can always publish your ipart to the content center and use the "As Custom" workflow there.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 4
salariua

Swaldon is right, you already have the table on the ipart so use the publish to have it as custom profile, that way you can use it in frame generator as well. I have added unistrut members in CC and work perfect with frame generator.

I would have the cuts, holes, and other things as ifeatures to be dropped once the parts have been placed from CC.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi! You could consider making the iPart factory generate custom iPart. Then each placed member would be an independent ipt file with a link to the table. Simply open the iPart factory file and add a new column or select an existing column -> right-click -> check "Custom Parameter Column" and hit OK. After that, the iPart factory becomes a custom iPart factory.; Try it out and see if you get desirable result.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report