Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual item shaded view possible?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
exSWX
1577 Views, 4 Replies

Individual item shaded view possible?

I want to create an SOP and highlight individual parts concerned.

I'm attempting to create a drawing and Shade individual items within the drawing to show Operators which parts are relevant by Shading them. I can't work out how to do this.

I can change the properties of the item to a different colour (see attached) but I'd like to have it Shaded also.

Can ths be achieved using Inventor 2013 or is there another Autodesk product I can use?

Thanks in advance.

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Intel Xeon W3520 @ 2.67GHz
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
-niels-
in reply to: exSWX

The way you want to do this is not (yet) available, but there's a post for it in the ideastation:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Colour-specific-parts-in-drawing/idi-p/5087692

You might work around this by making a design view where everything is a transparent color except the part you need colored.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 5
Mark.Downes

Hi exSWX

There are a number of tricks and tips on the web on how to create images with colour coded parts to show in drawings and documentation.

The basic work flow is to create a “White Paper” colour for the 3D model and shade the assembly with the White paper, then shade the part you want. Place this into a drawing and print to pfd.

The white paper look looks a bit bright on the screen but prints to pdf from your drawing just right.

Hope this helps

Mark

Inventor 2014

Capture-01.JPG

Capture-02.JPG

Cheers
Mark
Inventor 2018, 3DS Max 2018, Vault 2018
Message 4 of 5
coreyparks

I was just playing around and I think I may have found something for you to try.  I your Assembly files setup a view rep showing only the parts you want shaded and also one with all parts turned on.  Now create apositional rep in the IAM file as well without modifying it.  In your IDW place a view with all parts turned on and in wireframe.  Next place a positional rep over the top of the view.  When you place this it asks what positional rep and what view rep you want to use.  You do not need to select anything other that the master positional rep and then you can select any view rep you want, you just need one positional rep other than the master in order to run the command.  See attached files for ref.

Shaded parts.PNG

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 5 of 5
exSWX

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

In the end I've gone for Mark's work around, which is a little labour intensive on the assembly I'm working on, but, as long as I get the desired views, I'm happy.

Would be great if Autodesk implemnted a simpler solution in future builds.

Thanks again.

exSWX

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Intel Xeon W3520 @ 2.67GHz
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums