Distinguished Contributor
JavaLodge
Message 1 of 3 (161 Views)
Accepted Solution

Individual Component Visual Style

161 Views, 2 Replies
02-11-2014 11:04 AM

Hey everyone,

I did a bit of a search and I couldn't find if this was possible.  In Blender 3d you can switch between several different visual styles, like wireframe, shaded, etc.  Additionally, though, you could override objects to remain a certain visual style no matter what the overall style was set at.  This was very useful for many different things, and I was wondering if this was possible in Inventor?  I suppose I could just give the object a semi transparent material, but having a component in wireframe really helps that is reference geometry, for example.  Thanks in advance.

Thats sort of possible in a drawing (reference parts can have different line styles) but in an assembly file you cannot do that.

Its all or nothing.. 

*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 2 of 3 (157 Views)

Re: Individual Component Visual Style

02-11-2014 11:12 AM in reply to: JavaLodge

Thats sort of possible in a drawing (reference parts can have different line styles) but in an assembly file you cannot do that.

Its all or nothing.. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

Distinguished Contributor
JavaLodge
Message 3 of 3 (151 Views)

Re: Individual Component Visual Style

02-11-2014 11:28 AM in reply to: mcgyvr

Ah, I figured as much.  It's could be a nice feature, but not a huge priority.  Thanks for the help.

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.