Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual Component Visual Style

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JavaLodge
553 Views, 2 Replies

Individual Component Visual Style

Hey everyone,

I did a bit of a search and I couldn't find if this was possible.  In Blender 3d you can switch between several different visual styles, like wireframe, shaded, etc.  Additionally, though, you could override objects to remain a certain visual style no matter what the overall style was set at.  This was very useful for many different things, and I was wondering if this was possible in Inventor?  I suppose I could just give the object a semi transparent material, but having a component in wireframe really helps that is reference geometry, for example.  Thanks in advance.

mcgyvr
in reply to: JavaLodge

Thats sort of possible in a drawing (reference parts can have different line styles) but in an assembly file you cannot do that.

Its all or nothing.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
JavaLodge
in reply to: mcgyvr

Ah, I figured as much.  It's could be a nice feature, but not a huge priority.  Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report