Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent relationships when making pos reps. Bug?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sunnerheimhanna
901 Views, 6 Replies

Inconsistent relationships when making pos reps. Bug?

Hi everyone!

Feeling pretty frustrated at the moment and hope someone can help me understand this issue... I use Inventor 2014 SP 1. This problem has occured in many different assemblies but I'll give you one example:

I have an assembly where I have created a few positional representations. The assembly consists of three sub assemblies where two of the assemblys are set to flexible. Ok, so far so good no warnings etc.

What I do next is a few different Level of Details, now this is where it gets strange. 

If I activate a certain Pos Rep first, and then click my way through the LODs just to see that everything is working OK, there's no problem. However, if I do it the other way around - activate a certain LOD and then click my way through the Pos reps then it gets messy! Compute Failure in Positional Representation, relationships inconsistency etc. both for the top assembly and for the sub assys.

Next funny thing is: Inventor tells me that there is inconsistent relationsships in the sub assy, but if I just right click Edit on these relationships and press OK (without changing it), it's all good.

Does anyone have an explanation or is this some kind of bug?

Could it be that I have created more relationships than needed?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi! The only logical explanation I can come up with is that in a given LOD, the components required to be recomputed for different PosRep may not be loaded. Or, it simply misbehaves. Could you attach an example here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)? Without a dataset, I can only guess.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 7

Is that how it works? That you can't use a pos rep in combination with a LOD that doesn't consist of the components required to compute the relationships in that particular pos rep? If so that is most likely the problem. I thought the relationships were computed in reference to the complete assembly.

Basically, I could try to set all relationships to the one part that is active in all of the LODs?

I could send you an example too but I wouldn't want to waste your time if it's that simple... 🙂

Message 4 of 7

Problem got smaller but not extinguished when trying this.
Message 5 of 7

Hi! I would like to take a look at the dataset. It is better to see the files in order to understand where went wrong. Otherwise, we can go around a circle.

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 7
dsjepsen
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I have the same problem as this on:

"Next funny thing is: Inventor tells me that there is inconsistent relationsships in the sub assy, but if I just right click Edit on these relationships and press OK (without changing it), it's all good."

My subassembly only has one contraint - an Insert - so I cant' really change anything!

Message 7 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: dsjepsen

Hi! The behavior is usually file specific. Do you mind sharing an example of this behavior? Please feel free to send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report