Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Reply

Inconsistant crashes

61 Views, 14 Replies
11-26-2002 01:06 AM
Anybody here getting inconsistant crashes like when placing in a constraint
and it crashes. But when you restart Inventor and do the same thing, it's
fine. Or when you try to browse for a file while in the Open dialog box and
you get the famous "We're sorry. Want to send to Microsoft?" message. Just
want to take a poll to see if anyone out there is experiencing this. TIA

DanV
*Dotson, Sean
Post 2 of 15

Re: Inconsistant crashes

11-26-2002 01:14 AM in reply to: *DanV
have you applied SP1? What are your machine specs?

--
Sean Dotson, PE
http://www.sdotson.com
...sleep is for the weak..
-----------------------------------------
"DanV" wrote in message
news:C1D8D9EF9AB8142C3188F0B6192708AB@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Anybody here getting inconsistant crashes like when placing in a
constraint
> and it crashes. But when you restart Inventor and do the same thing, it's
> fine. Or when you try to browse for a file while in the Open dialog box
and
> you get the famous "We're sorry. Want to send to Microsoft?" message. Just
> want to take a poll to see if anyone out there is experiencing this. TIA
>
> DanV
>
>

Re:

11-26-2002 01:36 AM in reply to: *DanV
sorry forgot to mention.

P4 2.2 GHZ
WinXP (w/out SP1)
512 DDR RAM
13 GB freespace
virtual memory: 2000 mb
Inventor 6 SP1
ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility (I know)

The main thing I want to know is if anybody out there experiencing this with
their configurations. I want to know if it is just our system or Inventor.

"Sean Dotson" wrote in message
news:ADC0DFF7CC28E5D3F46A9C4414E8C917@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> have you applied SP1? What are your machine specs?
>
> --
> Sean Dotson, PE
> http://www.sdotson.com
> ...sleep is for the weak..
> -----------------------------------------
> "DanV" wrote in message
> news:C1D8D9EF9AB8142C3188F0B6192708AB@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Anybody here getting inconsistant crashes like when placing in a
> constraint
> > and it crashes. But when you restart Inventor and do the same thing,
it's
> > fine. Or when you try to browse for a file while in the Open dialog box
> and
> > you get the famous "We're sorry. Want to send to Microsoft?" message.
Just
> > want to take a poll to see if anyone out there is experiencing this. TIA
> >
> > DanV
> >
> >
>
>
*Dotson, Sean
Post 4 of 15

Re:

11-26-2002 01:46 AM in reply to: *DanV
"ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility (I know)"



I have been pretty stable with R6SP1. I think SP1 took care of a lot of the
stability issues.

--
Sean Dotson, PE
http://www.sdotson.com
Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions
-----------------------------------------
"DanV" wrote in message
news:778373D6A56E06F1D03879CEB566871D@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> sorry forgot to mention.
>
> P4 2.2 GHZ
> WinXP (w/out SP1)
> 512 DDR RAM
> 13 GB freespace
> virtual memory: 2000 mb
> Inventor 6 SP1
> ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility (I know)
>
*Hinterhoeller, Richard
Post 5 of 15

Re: Inconsistant crashes

11-26-2002 01:47 AM in reply to: *DanV
So far, knock on wood, the major inconsistency has been the lack of crashes.

Richard

DanV wrote:
> Anybody here getting inconsistant crashes like when placing in a constraint
> and it crashes. But when you restart Inventor and do the same thing, it's
> fine. Or when you try to browse for a file while in the Open dialog box and
> you get the famous "We're sorry. Want to send to Microsoft?" message. Just
> want to take a poll to see if anyone out there is experiencing this. TIA
>
> DanV
>
>
*Bender, Keith
Post 6 of 15

Re: Inconsistant crashes

11-26-2002 01:52 AM in reply to: *DanV
Yes, I've had some problems... You might look at my
thread from Nov. 19 "Repeated crashes trying to rotate/move component in assy",
and from Nov. 22 "IV6SP1 - repeated crashes caused by this .IPT".

 

IV6SP1

Win2Kpro

Dell530

1.4Ghz single processor

1Gb RDRAM

SCSI disk

ATI Fire GL2


 

Regards,
Keith

 

> Anybody here
getting inconsistant crashes like when placing in a constraint
> and it
crashes. But when you restart Inventor and do the same thing, it's
> fine.
Or when you try to browse for a file while in the Open dialog box and
>
you get the famous "We're sorry. Want to send to Microsoft?" message.
Just
> want to take a poll to see if anyone out there is experiencing
this. TIA
>
> DanV
>
>
*McConnell, Cory
Post 7 of 15

Re:

11-26-2002 02:01 AM in reply to: *DanV
The common factor between Keith's and Dan's setup: ATI

--
Cory McConnell
BJ pipeline Inspection
"Keith Bender" wrote in message
news:5F5B5763EFF3AAACEDB213053F0902CE@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Yes, I've had some problems... You might look at my thread from Nov. 19
"Repeated crashes trying to rotate/move component in assy", and from Nov. 22
"IV6SP1 - repeated crashes caused by this .IPT".
>
> IV6SP1
> Win2Kpro
> Dell530
> 1.4Ghz single processor
> 1Gb RDRAM
> SCSI disk
> ATI Fire GL2
>
> Regards, Keith
>
> "DanV" wrote in message
news:C1D8D9EF9AB8142C3188F0B6192708AB@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Anybody here getting inconsistant crashes like when placing in a
constraint
> > and it crashes. But when you restart Inventor and do the same thing,
it's
> > fine. Or when you try to browse for a file while in the Open dialog box
and
> > you get the famous "We're sorry. Want to send to Microsoft?" message.
Just
> > want to take a poll to see if anyone out there is experiencing this. TIA
> >
> > DanV
> >
> >
>
*Hinterhoeller, Richard
Post 8 of 15

Re:

11-26-2002 02:08 AM in reply to: *DanV
> "ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility (I know)"

Matrox Millenium (VBG)

Just yanking your chain, actually its a lowly Oxygen VX1. However, I
shouldn't have been so cheeky, the darn thing just poofed on me.

Richard
*DJSpaceMouse
Post 9 of 15

Re:

11-26-2002 02:24 AM in reply to: *DanV
You know what ATI stands for, don't you? Absolute Trash for Inventor.

"Cory McConnell" wrote in message
news:B38672C709062B0ADC12381EA7823933@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> The common factor between Keith's and Dan's setup: ATI

Re:

11-26-2002 04:25 AM in reply to: *DanV
LOL, I like that.

Seriously, anyone getting inconsistant crashes. These types of issues happen
to random files. They're not tied to a specific file like what Keith was
encountering. No pattern that I have found yet. Thanks.

"DJSpaceMouse" wrote in message
news:3BD3B8E2A28A11D31F2EE9123A1ADD72@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> You know what ATI stands for, don't you? Absolute Trash for Inventor.
>
> "Cory McConnell" wrote in message
> news:B38672C709062B0ADC12381EA7823933@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > The common factor between Keith's and Dan's setup: ATI
>
>
>
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!