Inventor General Discussion

bkanen822
Message 1 of 3 (262 Views)
Accepted Solution

Incomplete Section View

262 Views, 2 Replies
02-14-2013 09:03 AM

I am trying to produce a section view of a vessel. Inventor makes the section just fine except it is incomplete. See images below:

Section View.jpg

Section View 2.jpg

In the past when I have encountered this issue I would simply locate the part in the browser, Right click on it + Section Participation + section. That ususally solves the issue. This time it is not working.

menue.jpg

Any suggestiongs would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

You have to do this in the right place.  You have to set the option in the parts under the actual section view.  See below.

Section Parts.png

It's impossible to tell from the images you supplied if you are doing it in the right place, so check to make sure this isn't the problem.  Also, you can't do it in a view underneath the section view, such as another section, or a detail view.

-cwhetten

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.

*Expert Elite*
cwhetten
Message 2 of 3 (240 Views)

Re: Incomplete Section View

02-14-2013 09:34 AM in reply to: bkanen822

You have to do this in the right place.  You have to set the option in the parts under the actual section view.  See below.

Section Parts.png

It's impossible to tell from the images you supplied if you are doing it in the right place, so check to make sure this isn't the problem.  Also, you can't do it in a view underneath the section view, such as another section, or a detail view.

-cwhetten

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.

bkanen822
Message 3 of 3 (230 Views)

Re: Incomplete Section View

02-14-2013 09:57 AM in reply to: cwhetten

That was my problem. I was pretty sure I checked that but I guess not.

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Section View 3.jpg

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.