Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In sketch, new line is snapping to inferred contraints

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
steambc
301 Views, 3 Replies

In sketch, new line is snapping to inferred contraints

I decided to create a 3D print of my company logo, which is three stick figures "holding hands" while their heads float above the three bodies.

I imported an image and made an outline of the bodies with a Control Vertex Spline and was pleased with the results. It extruded just fine.

I then wanted to add three thin necks that would allow the three eliptical heads to "float" above the bodies when printed in 3D.

I tried to draw simple lines to create a neck, but the lines are snapping like crazy to inferred constraints relative to the multitude of spline nodes. In short, my question is, how can I prevent new lines from snapping to these inferred spline vertices? If the snapping can't be bypassed, can I create a new sketch right on top of the existing?

Thanks for any help!

Steam

Using Inventor Pro 2015
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: steambc

Hold down the Ctrl key while you're placing your line.  This suspends all alignment and constraint behavior.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1 Update 3
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 3 of 4
steambc
in reply to: SBix26

Thanks Sam. I could have sworn I tried that, but I may well have been on "information overload" at the time and not thinking straight. I'll give it a whirl.

Steam

Using Inventor Pro 2015
Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: steambc

....and of course you can simple create a new sketch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report