Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in a Template and inside a drawing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
269 Views, 7 Replies

in a Template and inside a drawing

How can I change precision for the entire drawing including hole table?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

In your model document settings you can change it here.

settings.jpg

I would also change it in each of your part and assembly model templates.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Mine looks different, how do yo uge tthat image inserted, I can send you the way mine looks

Message 4 of 8
Cadmanto

If you want to know how to crop an image, as long as you are using windows 7 there is a tool called the "Snip Tool"

which will give you the ability to crop screen shots.  Save it as a jpg file and insert it into your posting.

snip.jpg

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

I found it, I was in the drawing not the model, but mine is set to three places but when I bring the model into the drawing and dimension it it is still at two places

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

any more ideas, isn't there a way to change the style or Ansi standard to show 3 place precision then when I bring in the model to the IDW it dimension as 3 places and also when I add the hole table it also has 3 places in each column, including the description column that shows diameter

Message 7 of 8
Cadmanto

Sorry,  my system crashed.

What I showed you will work for your model templates, but if you are looking for the drawing you are going to have to either change an existing dimension style or create a new one here with the correct settings you need.

dim.jpg

As far as the hole table, I don't use them, but check here to see if this thread helps you.

http://208.74.205.69/t5/Inventor-General/Hole-Table-Precision/td-p/1756394

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

All good, and Thank you by the way

What I need is: When I bring the model into the drawing and dimension the part I want it to have 3 place precision and also when I bring the hole table in I want all of it to have 3 place precision. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report