Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing other user CAD Data

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
darrencon
365 Views, 3 Replies

Importing other user CAD Data

Hi,

I recently installed Inventor 2012 including content central.  Someone has shared an assembly with me and I am getting some unresolved reference errors.  I believe this is do to files that were creaeted from design accelerators.

Is there a way to correct these errors?  Should Inventor be able to update the design accelerator parts when the part is opened?

The filename it is looking for is local.ISO.13.220.9.iprt

Any help on this would be appreciated,

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
whunter
in reply to: darrencon

Whoever shared the IAM with you didn't do a proper job to Pack and Go the assembly, the CC parts are sitting somewhere on a server, it seems.

If their content centre filenames doesn't match yours exactly, you're pretty much stuffed. Ask them to send the file again using Pack and Go, then you'll have his CC files too.

Message 3 of 4
darrencon

Thanks you for the response!

The guys who sent them to me did the pack and go but he selected the option Keep Folder Heirarchy.  That was what was giving me all the errors trying to find the parts.

When we did Copy to a Single Path from Pack and Go everything worked.

Is there a reason the folder heirarchy selection does not work from Pack and Go.  Just curious.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 4
JDMather

@darrencon wrote:

Is there a reason the folder heirarchy selection does not work from Pack and Go.  Just curious.

Thanks again

There should have also been a project file (*.ipj) in the pack and go.
Did you set this as the active project before opening the assembly?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report