Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Fonts

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
methoni
1068 Views, 7 Replies

Importing Fonts

Having a specific font style (Handel Gothic) which is used for our company logo i find that this does not seem to be supported by Inventor.

I have attempted to import .dwg drawings into inventor with the logo but this does not work.

Another method i have tried is to draw the characters in sketch mode and then attempt to solid hatch them again with little success.,there does seem to be no facility  for hathing in sketch mode!

This logo font is used on our drawing border sheets and also nameplates so our MD is keen to keep the present format.

Any suggestions please.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: methoni

Hi!

You are looking for a way to place your company logo in the drawing Title Block?

You can place a jpeg, or bmp image, instead sketching fonts, logos, etc. It'a a lot easear.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
-niels-
in reply to: methoni

I downloaded your Font from this site:

http://www.fontpalace.com/font-download/Handel%2BGothic/

(first result in google search)

It is a truetype font, so it shouldn't be a problem using it in inventor.

I had no problems placing text in a sketch on an .idw, see screenshot:

Handel_gothic.png

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 8
dgorsman
in reply to: -niels-

TTFs are managed by the operating system, so they will need to be installed for use by the various programs.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 8
-niels-
in reply to: dgorsman

Yes, sorry, i forgot to mention i installed the font.

But since the OP said they use this font in their logo, drawing sheet borders and nameplates, i assumed they already have it installed...

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 6 of 8
sam_m

By the comment in the original post - "import font" then could it be a user moving data over from AutoCAD to Inventor and trying to get the same fonts with both programs?

As has been mentioned - Inventor uses Window's fonts, these are ttf files which are installed to c:\windows\fonts

If the original font is a shx (is that it, can't remember) AutoCAD font then it will not work with Inventor - you will need to find an equivalent ttf file and use that.

If you are only wanting a company logo on the border then you could import a dwg or use an image, but if you're after a font to be used throughout the idw/drawing then you will need to find a ttf.

Hope that helps

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 7 of 8
-niels-
in reply to: sam_m

Ah, hadn't thought of that...

I'm too used to inventor, so i didn't remember that AutoCAD uses it's own fonts.

If that is the case, i already posted a link to a .ttf version of the font he mentioned.
Hope it solves his problem.

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 8 of 8
sam_m

m8, tell me about it...  Anytime I need to boot up AutoCAD or MDT I'm staring blankly at the screen trying to work out what to do next.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report