Inventor General Discussion

micah.milliman
Message 1 of 2 (202 Views)

Importing Factory Design User Assets

202 Views, 1 Replies
04-23-2012 02:38 PM

Is there any way to import user defined factory assets within Inventor Factor Design?  It would be nice to be able to import the assets created on my desktop directly to my user asset library on my laptop whithout having to go through the process of checking out all of the parts/assemblies and republishing them as user assets onto my laptop.  I am the only on in the office currently using Factory Design, but the rest of the office will transition to Factory Design once we implement 2013.  It would be nice if I had this figured out before that transition happens so the rest of the employees don't have to go through the process of republishing user assets to their own libraries.  Any thoughts or direction would be appreciated.

*Expert Elite*
Mark_Flayler
Message 2 of 2 (189 Views)

Re: Importing Factory Design User Assets

04-24-2012 03:53 AM in reply to: micah.milliman

Set the Asset Library you want on your laptop as a new Library in your Project File.  Factory will then see it as a User Asset Library in your Asset Browser.

Mark Flayler Application Engineer - Manufacturing Solutions Division
IMAGINiT's Manufacturing Solutions Blog:
http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.