Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Factory Design User Assets

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
micah.milliman
397 Views, 1 Reply

Importing Factory Design User Assets

Is there any way to import user defined factory assets within Inventor Factor Design?  It would be nice to be able to import the assets created on my desktop directly to my user asset library on my laptop whithout having to go through the process of checking out all of the parts/assemblies and republishing them as user assets onto my laptop.  I am the only on in the office currently using Factory Design, but the rest of the office will transition to Factory Design once we implement 2013.  It would be nice if I had this figured out before that transition happens so the rest of the employees don't have to go through the process of republishing user assets to their own libraries.  Any thoughts or direction would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mflayler2
in reply to: micah.milliman

Set the Asset Library you want on your laptop as a new Library in your Project File.  Factory will then see it as a User Asset Library in your Asset Browser.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report