Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a Harness

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
DaisySunday
158 Views, 0 Replies

Importing a Harness

I'm relatively new to Inventor (finished my class in March of this past year, but I only use it every once in a while), but I'm attempting to get my schematics in AutoCAD Electrical 2014 set up to easily import into the Cable and Harness environment so that the cables will then auto-route (manually connecting two 37-pin connectors to a set of 74 terminals is not my idea of productive when I've already done it once in Electrical). I got it all set up to route and it runs fine with one exception - no matter what I do the conductors are not in the correct order. I'm guessing there's a step in Electrical I'm missing, but I've assigned a parent cable id along with all its children, appropriate wire layers, and pulling both cables (Inventor and ACADE) from the library I created. Everything imports perfectly expect for the darned conductors! 

Anybody know what I could be missing? Oh and both products are 2014 professional. 

Thanks!

Daisy

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report