Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported IGES file not displaying properly in a 2D Drawing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
raumechanicaljoe
817 Views, 2 Replies

Imported IGES file not displaying properly in a 2D Drawing

Hello everyone,

I have imported an IGES file in Inventor and I need to dimension and detaill the piece in a 2D drawing. The thread and hole wizard does not recognize the holes in the workpiece as holes. Also I sectional view does not display hatched areas of the workpiece even though I have the display option checked on. Is there any sort of feature recognition within Inventor that I can use to import all geometry so that inventor understands?

Anybody have any tips or suggestions? I am working with 2011 Pro and have about 1500 hours on the program so far.

I was considering redrawing the workpiece by creating a part within an assembly and overlaying the two pieces on top another and using refernece geometry but this might not be the most ideal method. Thanks for the info guys!

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: raumechanicaljoe

If you attach the file here, someone may be able to help.  But it sounds as if the part is surfaces, not a solid.

Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: raumechanicaljoe

@raumechanicaljoe wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have imported an IGES file .... The thread and hole wizard does not recognize the holes ... Is there any sort of feature recognition within Inventor that I can use to import all geometry so that inventor understands?

Anybody have any tips or suggestions?  

Normally I have a paper here http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/AU2008/ML205-1P%20Mather.pdf

on working with IGES fils, but our server has been down all day.

You will need to stitch to a solid (if it is surfaces) and run Feature Recognition add-in http://labs.autodesk.com

or

attach the original IGES file here as suggested.

or

request a STEP from the source.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report