Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported component partially visible in IDW. (Locked BOM & surfaces included)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lewis.hubbard
319 Views, 4 Replies

Imported component partially visible in IDW. (Locked BOM & surfaces included)

Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble with a part being partially visible in a drawing view. Sorry I can't upload CAD files because of IP. I'm finding that in the right-hand view (as attached) the armrest is mostly invisible, whereas it is clearly visible in the feft-hand presentation view. Originally it was not fully visible in the left hand view, but Include All Surfaces rectified the issue.

The armrest is an imported step file, converted to IAM & IPT format, and the only component I can see is a bracket (highlighted red) in the lower level of Product1.1 which happens to show up as Normal in the BOM structure, while all other parts show up as Reference. I just want Upper Cover.iam and Low Cover.iam to be visible so it resembles the assembled component.

I've tried Include All Surfaces to no avail, and I've noticed that the BOM structure seems to be locked, so I can't change the components to Normal. Can anybody see a solution which I've missed?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: lewis.hubbard

In the idw, right click and "edit View".  On the Model tab, what is the "Margin" value set to?   Since those parts are "Refrence", try doubling it or 10x.

Message 3 of 5
lewis.hubbard
in reply to: karthur1

Thanks karthur1! I set hidden data to As Parts and All Bodies, and I can see it now, however that means I can no longer display the surrounding reference data (ie. the edges of the cab where the screen is mopunted) as I intended. Is there a workaround for this, or is there some way I can modify the BOM of Product1.1.iam though it appears to be locked?

Message 4 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: lewis.hubbard

Not sure how you can have it both ways.  I usually aloways leave the ref data shown "As Reference Parts". The hiddne line calculation set to "All Bodies" will trim off the ref data where it is hidden.  Without that the ref data just bleeds thru all the other lines.

Message 5 of 5
lewis.hubbard
in reply to: karthur1

Thanks mate,

I worked out I was able to pull a bunch of the components out of our content centre, modify the BOM and move them back in, so I made a few of the external components Normal BOM and it's come up A-OK 🙂

Regards,

Lewis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report