Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import T&P Styles fails giving confusing message

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lesmfunk
427 Views, 3 Replies

Import T&P Styles fails giving confusing message

I am trying to repair an assembly whose T&P styles have disappeared. I was able to import a few styles two days ago, but today I get this not very helpful message:

T&PImportError.JPG

(The style name is SAEJ844A 1/4 GREEN - NO FITTINGS which is the active style in my piping runs template and will try to import whether selected or not)

Once I click OK, the next message appears notifying me of a "successful" import:

ImportMsg.JPG

However, no styles are imported. Recreating the runs is too much work.

If anyone knows what is going on, that would be very helpful. I have already visited the following thread acknowledging the software problem, but I can't understand what the first message is trying to tell me.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/tube-and-pipe-styles-disappeared/m-p/53547...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: lesmfunk

I don't think the problem is with your Styles Library. It looks more like something has changed and Inventor can't find the fittings for the T&P run. Did you move this model to a different computer or change the Project File or delete/move a directory? It should be calling for a missing link.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
salariua
in reply to: lesmfunk

I had that problem before. Unfortunately nothing worked so I had to recreate the tube and pipe assembly. Your file got corrupted I guess just like mine, don't ask me what went wrong, I haven't done anything unusual with it. I managed to import the style as you did successfully but no styles appear in the tube and pipe menu.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
lesmfunk
in reply to: salariua

Saved by old versions in Vault!!! Thank-you guys for orienting my mind on the right track. I just replaced the corrupt file. Here is what I did:

1. Cleared my workspace.

2. Determined the last uncorrupt version of the top level T&P assy in vault.

3. Get/Checked out the uncorrupt version of the top level T&P assy only. There was only one file in my workspace (C drive). In vault, there was a red dot beside the current version of the file indicating that it was in conflict with the version now in my workspace.

4. Opened the uncorrupt version of the top level T&P assy FROM MY WORKSPACE (C Drive).

5. Selected Yes to retrieve all current children (Runs, Routes and Pipes/Tubes/Hoses) from the Vault.

6. Selected Yes to update the assembly.

7. Checked out the top level T&P assembly, but did not open from vault. Checked Vault to ensure that there was still a red dot beside the current version (but now with a check mark inside it) to confirm I still had the uncorrupt (old) version in my workspace.

8. Saved and Checked In the uncorrupt version with all children.

9. Opened the parent assy that includes the top level T&P assembly. ALL STYLES WERE NOW VISIBLE!!!

And, I did not lose any of my work at all.

Thanks for your input. This does not explain my original query about the confusing error/warning, but I don't really care anymore. I will post this information in the other thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/tube-and-pipe-styles-disappeared/m-p/53547...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report