Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Polyface Mesh to the AIP2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jardel.rs
410 Views, 3 Replies

Import Polyface Mesh to the AIP2012

Hello Guys
I'm working with a metal structure that was sent by the supplier in 3D DWG file, however the entity comprising the model is the infamous "Polyface Mesh". I am using AIP2012 for the import process, it recognises the surfaces, but the template is full of unnecessary edges (isolines lines that intersect two edges). I would like to know if anyone knows the correct way to configure the files so that after you used the repair command, the model stay without the unnecessary rows showing only the actual edges of the part.Tela 1.JPG

Tela 1.2.JPG
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: jardel.rs

In your first image it appears you have planar faces which should easily be replaced with Delete Face with Heal option.

I would then send back to Repair or Construction environment or  to STEP and back in for final clean-up

In second image you have surface bodies.  I would get these to solids and then do above steps.

Attach your files here.  I am a little surprised that Stitch didn't remove the boundaries between faces (were appropriate).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
jardel.rs
in reply to: JDMather

hello

I am sending a sample of the original file.

I remember the original file has thousands of components similar to this (about three thousand members)

good luck

Message 4 of 4
jardel.rs
in reply to: jardel.rs

hello
I posted one sample file about my problem of the import. You would help me.
salutes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report