Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import dwg with Solid Hatch issue

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1433 Views, 7 Replies

Import dwg with Solid Hatch issue

I have a drawing in AutoCAD 2013 with carefully laid out hatch patterns for traced text using clean, closed, non-overlapping, polylines only. (with islands in the holes).  When I import this into Inventor sketch the hatch comes through but the islands do not.  Such as the 0 gets completely filled in.  I don't have the ability to edit this hatch and add the islands.

I can import the dwg without hatch and fill it within Inventor, but I need to have all the enpoints constrained, or the Fill command won't reconginze the boundaries.  If I import this with contraining the endpoints, then the import takes a very long time (I gave up after waiting 5 minutes).

Does anybody have any ideas that can help?

jvj

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you attach the AutoCAD dwg here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Jamie V. Johnson CAD Manager Description: TTS_FINAL-12 - For Signatures 175 Westwood Drive Southlake TX, 76092 Phone: 817-421-3535 Fax: 817-421-9292 email: jamie.johnson@railegineer.com
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thus far, I have separated everything not hatched from the company name, and import the 2 separately.  When I imported the company name with constrained endpoints, I had to maticulously hatch each character of text within inventor.  In AutoCAD I had it all hatched using the hatch by selection mode (solid fill, colors 17,17,17 and 0,17,10)

jvj

Message 5 of 8
JDMather

It imported almost instantly for me.

I would do as three parts

1. the logo and sketch text

2. the train logo

3. the typed text

First I converted what I think is the area you wanted to Hatch/Fill to a block in AutoCAD.

Logo.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 8
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to maticulously hatch each character of text within inventor

Maybe I missed something.

It only took 2 or 3 minutes.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Maybe the AutoCAD block is the key...  I see you got proper island detection.

jvj

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I have a similar problem. The company logo I am to use was given to me in Autocad where it is hatched properly. However when I import it into the Inventor 2013 titleblock it imports but I cannot hatch it. Could anyone help me out as to how to close the geometry I was given without re-creating the logo? Also I am curious to know if anyone gets it to work as is in 2013.

Thanks in advance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report