Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import and "use" drawing standards

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ebuckner
525 Views, 7 Replies

Import and "use" drawing standards

I'm working on homogonizing all of our various templates, making all the new features from newer templates available in the older templates but I'm getting high centered on a step.

I've exported all of the different drawing standards and imported them all into each template which makes all of the upgraded dim styles available in all of the templates. The issue arrises when I save and close then reopen the template the imported standards are missing. It appears that under Manage, Styles Editor, if the standard is not in use it is not saved with the template. If this is the case how do I put them all "in use"? Even if I activate one of the imported standards, save, close, reopen, then activate a different standard and repeat, the imported standard is deleted.

Thanks,

Eric

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ebuckner

Are you using a style library in your project?

Message 3 of 8
ebuckner
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, read/write access vault project specifically for modifying the styles and templates.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ebuckner

If you have saved all the standards and styles to the library, they should be available in your templates, I would think.

Don't use vault here so I'm probably not much help.

Message 5 of 8
ebuckner
in reply to: Anonymous

They are available from under the "All Styles" tab of the styles editor but not from the parts list style pull down, I'm trying to make them i"in use" in each template so that they are readily available to my users.

Eric

Message 6 of 8

Hi ebuckner,

Without looking and stepping through the process first hand, I'm a bit unclear on the issue. But I think there are 2 things to try:

• Check the filter and make sure the Standard and Styles are simply not just being hidden. Set it to All Styles.
  • Go to the Styles Editor (Manage tab > Styles Editor button), locate the targeted style ( you might need to adjust the Filter to All Styles), then right click on it and choose Cache In Document. Once a Standard or Style is cached you should see it listed.

I might be missing the mark, so just post back if these things don't help.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 7 of 8

The "cache in document" might be the ticket.... brb

Message 8 of 8

Yup, that was the ticket Cutris, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report