Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMates - How to reverse mating

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
363 Views, 4 Replies

iMates - How to reverse mating

Hi to all,

My assembly contains a single trim with two raceway in which I need to place a gasket spline. The gasket is the same in both grooves, a typical right hand and a left hand where the gasket needs to be reversed. Can I acheive this using iMates or I need iLogic? Is it possible to prompt for a manual face selection? See attachment below.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Multiple iMates, one for normal and a second for the other side, then just pick the iMate required.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Blair,

How would I go about to do this? I tried to create more iMates with identical names and even different sets of names but I either get an error message or my gasket is not placed correctly.

I have the same situation with an end cap to plug the ends of an extrusion. The same cap needs to be place at both ends using iMates. I don't understand the behavior when trying to mate the second identical subpart.

What are multpiple iMates and composite iMates compared to the regular ones?

Thanks,

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Ok I suceeded in placing a 2nd sub-part using composite iMates, but it does not work for the third placement. Sub-part #1 and 2 perfectly mate with the principal component, but #3 seems to want to mate with the second sub-part already in place...Why is that?

Message 5 of 5
blair

I just label my iMates when I create them. I can have a number this way. Makes it easy to select either Normal or Opposite as I cycle through. I'd have to look at some of your files in a small IAM to see why.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report