Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMate problem in iParts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
142 Views, 3 Replies

iMate problem in iParts

I have an iPart assembled and now want to put an iMate on the iPart. I did this and can not get the children to update - I have tryed dirtying the part - The only way I could get the iMates to show up is by deleting the children and the re-assembling the child. Is there some trick that I am missing?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

How did you dirty the parent? Try making a plane, and then deleting it.

--
Kent
Assistant Moderator
Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"deanm" wrote in message news:f198067.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I have an iPart assembled and now want to put an iMate on the iPart. I did this and can
not get the children to update - I have tryed dirtying the part - The only way I could get
the iMates to show up is by deleting the children and the re-assembling the child. Is
there some trick that I am missing?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thats what I did - nothing seemed to work - Now I deleted the children and the iPart folder I get an error that it is still trying to find an old revision????
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I got rid of the error after I closed Inventor and rebooted - however I have tried adding iMates to other iParts that have been prevoiusly assembled and cannot see the iMate untill all the children have been deleted and reassembed. If iParts worked well it would save me a lot of time. The problems I would like to see addressed are - (1) Every part should start as an iPart - the default part can not loss its assembly references when an instance is added - often you do not know if you need a 2nd part until your into the design(2) iPart Origin axis/planes need to be resizable and the visiblity - changable (3) Need to be able to see other geometry - other than the default planes in the child when in an assembly - without creating iMates (4) and I need iAssembly ----- Just my wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report