Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imate glyphs

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2950 Views, 5 Replies

imate glyphs

I want these to not show up.

Anyone know how I can stop them from showing up on my screen, or at the very least turn them off?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
patrick.miller
in reply to: Anonymous

See the "Control iMate visibility" procedure at the following link:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/0073-Autodesk73/0460-Assembli460/0461-Build_as46...

You can also search the wiki for Inventor 2011 and 2012 (although the above procedure applies to previous releases).

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/search?source=help&product=Inventor&q=imate%20glyphs&language=ENU&versi...

Raising Wiki awareness since 2011!

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: patrick.miller

Thanks,

But I think the attachment I posted shows the procedure your documentation descriped, and it is not working with this nylock.

Attachment also shows inv 2009, if that makes a difference.

If you know another way to turn these off, let me know.

I know my boss will ask what that is and he will hate it.

Message 4 of 6
patrick.miller

I don't have 2009 installed to test, but I do have access to the help. I attached a screen shot of the 2009 procedure. The first procedure is for an individual part. The second procedure controls iMate glyphs for the UI in general. 

The exception is if the part is selected, iMate glyphs will always display.

If either of these do not work, could you zip and attach a dataset that shows the behavior? Thanks.

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 5 of 6
John_Nagle

Here's an example of iMate glyphs that won't go away. A clevis pin was inserted with Design Accelerator, and iMate glyphs appeared after insertion was complete.

Deselecting the clevis pin has no effect.

Selecting the clevis pin, right clicking, and deselecting iMate Glyph Visibility has no effect.

View->Visibility->iMate glyphs is off, and has no effect.

View->Visibility->Object Visiblity has all work features off.

Nothing works. Maybe iMate glyph visiblity is turned on in the Design Accelerator component and can't be turned off outside it.

Inventor 2012.

(Tried to add attachment. Message "The attachment file size is too large. The maximum file size is: 1,572,864 bytes".  If you want people to submit Inventor files in bug reports, please increase that limit. File is available at

http://www.aetherltd.com/public/outgoing/glyphvisible.zip

).

Message 6 of 6
kstate92
in reply to: John_Nagle

Way late in the day for this thread and it may not be related, but in case it helps someone else searching for how to turn the glyphs off, here goes.

I had added some cap screws from the content center (now that I think of it, it happened when I changed screw lengths) and the glyphs would not shut off. I had to right-click and turn the glyph visibility ON and then OFF again to get them to actually turn off. So dumb.

Ironically, it's the opposite to Roy in The IT Crowd answering the phone: "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?"

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report