Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images inserted into 2014 idw's

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dgorjup
337 Views, 3 Replies

Images inserted into 2014 idw's

For aircraft repair documentation that we send to OEM's we often embed jpg's into IDW's and use the usual annotation tools to textual and line graphics info. We've been doing this forever in Inventor 2012 and 2013 with no problems.

We've just upgraded to 2014. Now, no matter what we do, the Inventor graphics (text, etc) pops behind the images we import using Insert Object. While the send forward and back tools work fine with imported images, nothing will bring the annotations to the front in the Inventor display.

What's crazy is that if we print or export to pdf we get what we expect to see; the annotations on top. This doesn't sound like a big deal but when the annotation disappears behind the image we have to move the image out of place to edit or move the annotation. It's all very counterproductive and we've taken this part of our documentation back to Inventor 2013 for the time being.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

Dave Gorjup

Dynamic Aviation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: dgorjup

dgorjup wrote: 

We've just upgraded to 2014.  

Does anyone have a clue?

You haven't indicated what Service Pack.

That is the first thing I would check.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-in...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

In addition to service packs as JD suggested..

Its always a good idea to make sure your graphics card driver is updated too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 4
dgorjup
in reply to: JDMather

I didn't have SP2 installed. Wasn't aware of it as it hasn't been posted for download on the subscription download site.

SP2 appears to have fixed the problem as annotations are back to displaying on top of the bitmap images but manipulating the annotations is more difficult than it used to be, from what I remember.

Thanks for the link to the service pack page.

Dave

PS - our graphics drivers are always up to date as I have our machines set up for Nvidia to push update notifications.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report