Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image offset BROKEN

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
seismicsource
1751 Views, 22 Replies

Image offset BROKEN

Yesterday I modified the 3in Square - Terra Cotta Texture that comes with Inventor 2013. I loaded my own custom texture for both the bump map and the ceramic. This morning I was greeted with the following image. The offset is messed up but now I cant change it. I change the numbers for x and y but nothing happens but in the preview only, scaling still works but offset doesnt update the texture. Any help would be appreciated.OFFSET Screenshot.jpg

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
JDMather
in reply to: seismicsource

I don't have an answer for your question, but from looking at the image of your browser, the texture isn't the only thing broken.

errors.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 23
seismicsource
in reply to: JDMather

Thats expected as you are modeling and constantly trying to keep the big picture in mind. I just have to throw all the parts on every once in a while to give progress reports then as I modify the model these constraints are no longer relevant. I'll correct them last thing. Good eye though.

Message 4 of 23

I fixed it! Sorta, the Raytrace was the trigger. I load the model up turn on raytrace and it pops the texture into position. turn off raytrace and it remembers the position until I close and reload the model, then I have to turn raytrace on for a second again. I'm happy but Autodesk needs to fix this.

Message 5 of 23
dan_inv09

I don't know about the bump map and all, but wouldn't this make more sense as a decal?

Message 6 of 23
samiharada

Hi,

I don't think "Officet" properties is not supported in Shaded Visual Styles.

FYI - you can see following test in Texture Editor dialog box

Shaded visual styles do not use all texture properties for display. When you edit an unused texture property, the canvas display does not change to show the modification. To see the change, switch to the Realistic visual style, and disable ray tracing.

You may also want to see Appearance Editor dialog box

Hope this helps,

-Sami Harada

Inventor Framework QA

Autodesk, Inc.

Email_Signature_Logobar.jpg

Message 7 of 23
seismicsource
in reply to: samiharada

I understand what you mean, it was the Visual Style not the actual raytracing that forced an update of this offset information. Thats because shaded supports texture scale but not offset yet. Inconsistant but since it's in the wiki help official resources it almost sounds like a feature but I know better, 2014 here we come. Thanks for your replys everyone.

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 23
D.Lam

Is Autodesk going to fix this mess one day?

Running 2019 and the mapping between visual style is still messed up...

Message 9 of 23
johnsonshiue
in reply to: D.Lam

Hi! This is an old thread. It is possible the issue you are seeing is different than the original posting. Please share an example here or start a new thread.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 23
D.Lam
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Below is an example of my Texture positioning problem:

Firstly, in 'Realistic' display mode (exactly how I want it to be)

RealisticRealistic

Now in 'Shaded' display...

ShadedShaded

The Offset option in the Texture Editor makes no difference to the displayed texture.

In my experience this has always been broken

Message 11 of 23
NachitoMax

I have the same problem. i actually wrote a post some 3 hrs ago but somehow its now available.... anyway, in my instance, i have created an image 46.23 wide x 108 high and created an appearance (as i want a cut out to see through the perforations). i create a panel in inventor to the same size but i cannot position the image. See here

perf.jpg

Inventor insists on doing this instead of applying the image correctly. the XY offset makes zero difference. I just need this to move into the right position......

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 12 of 23
JDMather

Attach file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 13 of 23
JDMather
in reply to: NachitoMax

Attach file here.

EESignature

Message 14 of 23
D.Lam
in reply to: JDMather

.ipt and texture map attached...

Message 15 of 23
pareed2oo2

This is still a "problem" in Inventor 2020.  Nor Offest or Repeat work unless you are in "realistic" under the view tab or Rendering the file.  Shaded with Edges and everything else ignore all offset and the repeat option. See below

Really wish the Software guys at AutoDesk would fix this... save a lot of headaches 

realistic fixed the problemrealistic fixed the problemshaded is the problemshaded is the problem

Message 16 of 23
NachitoMax
in reply to: pareed2oo2

i wouldnt hold your breath mate, the problems never get addressed and no matter how many times we ask, it falls on deaf ears....

Nacho

EESignature

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 17 of 23
johnsonshiue

Hi Patrick,

This is absolutely wrong. It shows the texture is not patterned properly in the appearance style. If possible, please share the part that exhibits the behavior here. I will follow up with the project team and see what we can do.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 18 of 23
NachitoMax

its the same behaviour with any built in appearance image that is not on the realistic view. Realistic view is not only not used in ordinary development, it doesnt follow through to any documentation so even if you get looking right using that view style, it will be wrong in documentation

Nacho

EESignature

Message 19 of 23
pareed2oo2

I hope you are right.  

The screencast shows my problem.

Thank you,

Patrick

Message 20 of 23
pareed2oo2

Forgot to hit Inset.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report