Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLOGIC WORKFLOW

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
omartin
412 Views, 6 Replies

iLOGIC WORKFLOW

I made a simple rule that triggers before save to ask user to make a selection, which then updates an iProperty.

I created A multi value fxParameter and used the InputListbox function.

Ultimately I want to know the best way ok making this rule available to all parts, old and new.

I am thinking, it will be easy enough to update my templates and embed this code into the part, as well as content center files by updating each file / template .

But for existing parts, is there a way to add these rules without the user having to do much steps.

because there is an fxParameter I am thinking the user will have to know how add this to their part.

I can change it to just an input box where they can type in the correct value, if that would be easier.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jletcher
in reply to: omartin

You can have the rule look for the fxParameter and if not found to add it. If I was not headed out the door I would look for my code that does this.

If some one does not help you I will post it in then morning.

This way you can have my code in your rule and have them just load an external rule (your rule) and run it.

Message 3 of 7
omartin
in reply to: jletcher

That is a good idea!! I am thinking too basic (becasue im just starting to use iLogic).

I can figure out how to do the checks and add the parameter if its not there.

but how would I make it available for existing parts.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 7
jletcher

Not sure who it was but look in the forum someone made a nice tool that would add rules to existing parts.

But you also can make the same rule external so when you come to a part that does not have the rule they can add it as an external rule.

But I would look for the tool myself. Let me see if I can locate it.

Message 5 of 7
jletcher

I did some search but if I remember it was embedded in a thread that was not titled with ilogic or anything that can be searched.

If I think about it I believe Curtis Waguespack  wrote it but not sure. I saved it to my drive but my drive id not with me right now but if you can't find it post a thread on it I am sure Curtis Waguespack  will repost.

If not I will post tomorrow when I have my drive..

Message 6 of 7
jletcher

Found it but it was Megajerk that helped with it and others but here is a link to it and you can read about it to make sure it is what you need.

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2012/02/injecting-ilogic-code-and-ilogic-event-tri...

Message 7 of 7
omartin

Great, thanks again James, this looks like it will work.

Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report