Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Vis All Components

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ComputerGuru666
272 Views, 2 Replies

iLogic Vis All Components

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to make all components in an assembly (.iam) file visible using the iLogic (not unsuppressed).

Basically what I want to do is run an iLogic rule on file open that will make anything that is not visible visible  for the simple reason that we have designers here that will isolate something to work on it or look at it then save and close the file before undoing the isolation leaving the next person to open it the annoying task to pick through the thru the browser to make everything visible

Thank you

Computer Specs:
Windows 7 (64 Bit) Pro. SP1, Inventor 2014 Pro, 3D Connexion SpaceNavigator (Driver 3.15.2)
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme x79 Socket 2011
Processor: Intel Core i7 Six Core Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz OCed to 4.7GHz (Under Water)
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw Z-Series 32 gig quad channel of RAM 1800MHz OCed to 2133MHz
Video Card: 2x Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Running Six (6) Monitors)
Monitors: [Primary = 2x 24in HD WS][Secondary = 2x 22in HD WS][Tertiary = 2x 19in FS]
Primary Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex IV 256 GB Solid State Drive
Secondary Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex III 120 GB Solid State Drive
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi ComputerGuru666, 

You can find some code to do this at this link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/select-hidden-parts-in-assembly/td-p/3298929/

But another board member named coreyparks, reminded us that Inventor has this ability built in without a need for  an iLogic solution. (kudos again to coreyparks!)

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 3

That code worked thank you very much Also does anyone know why you cant move patterned bolted connection in the componenet tree this also causes the "Alpha Sort Component" command to error out

Thank you

Computer Specs:
Windows 7 (64 Bit) Pro. SP1, Inventor 2014 Pro, 3D Connexion SpaceNavigator (Driver 3.15.2)
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme x79 Socket 2011
Processor: Intel Core i7 Six Core Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz OCed to 4.7GHz (Under Water)
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw Z-Series 32 gig quad channel of RAM 1800MHz OCed to 2133MHz
Video Card: 2x Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Running Six (6) Monitors)
Monitors: [Primary = 2x 24in HD WS][Secondary = 2x 22in HD WS][Tertiary = 2x 19in FS]
Primary Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex IV 256 GB Solid State Drive
Secondary Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex III 120 GB Solid State Drive

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report