Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic to share iproperties

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Edward_Lowe
418 Views, 2 Replies

iLogic to share iproperties

Good Morning All,

I am hoping someone can help with a problem that has really stumped me.  Could someone advise me of the ilogic code required to push the project value from the iproperties in the main assembly to all the parts/sub-assemblies?

Why do I need to do this?  Simply to enable me to copy design a parametrically driven frame generated assembly while at the same time updating the bill of material.  I will explain the sequence of events.  The parametrically driven frame was derived using frame generator.  Each beam and post was demoted and assembled into a sub-assembly using unique drawing/part numbers.  On reflection some of these sub-assemblies are duplicated so I explored the best way of modifying the parts list to suit.  I found a website that explained how the Bill of Material in the main assembly could be manipulated to provide specified groups of parts.  In fact the combination of a stock number linked to a reference code made up the new part number.  Ideally I would like the project number to form the start of this part number and hence the reason for asking the question.

Regards,

Edward

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Edward_Lowe,

I'm not sure you need ilogic to do this. I think you should be able to open the top level assembly, edit the BOM, include the target iProperty as a column, and copy the value to all of the subassemblies and parts. This wil push the iProperty value down to all of the model files.

I discuss a similar work flow, and show the steps at this link:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/03/understanding-autodesk-inventor-frame.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 3

Hi Curtis,

I have a wry smile on my face because it was the article you linked that I followed to update the BOM. 

I will follow your advice and see if I can update the iproperties as you suggest via the top level assembly.

Thanks for getting back to me,

Regards,

Edward

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report