Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic to create Log File in Excel

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
MechMachineMan
445 Views, 0 Replies

iLogic to create Log File in Excel

Hi everyone.

I'm new to inventor and VBA and trying to make a log file in excel to see what documents/programs I change in a day just to keep track of what I do. I've found I can do this easily with iLogic although I still need to iron out some errors.

I have some background in C++ ( 1 college course) and just a general interest in coding/programming otherwise. I haven't made any real iLogic programs yet, so this will be the first!

What I want it to do is to just log certain parameters/properties  (preferrably only used temporarily) as well as give me a dialog box to make notes on what I changed.

I have attached a notepad file of my current code so far for you to take a look at,

Things I want to change:

1) Only using the filename as it is, and not having to create a dummy property.

2) Having it actually work.

3) Option to only log it if the filename hasn't already been listed. (This may only be just inputting the line of code; doesn't need to be live)

4) Possibily of making the file paths hyperlinks in excel, for quick access?

I thank you very much for your help!

- Justin

--------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K
Inventor 2018.2.3, Build 227 | Excel 2013+ VBA
ERP/CAD Communication | Custom Scripting
Machine Design | Process Optimization

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation
Vb.Net/VBA Programming: MSDN | Stackoverflow | Excel Object Model
Inventor API/VBA/Vb.Net Learning Resources: Forum Thread

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |
Run iLogic From VBA | Batch File Renaming| Continuous Pick/Rename Objects

Local Help: %PUBLIC%\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Local Help

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report